The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How Are the

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

How Are the

Alright how are the tein's with stock struts?

my suggestion. save up your money and wait til you can afford some good aftermarket shocks. a drop like that will blow your factory shocks quick.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    hey pinoy, i read somewhere about somone saying something about using aftermarket shocks with factory springs, what do you think about that? ride-height-wise, and performance-wise.

BlankMan
    To the original questions, I have the Tien with stock struts for quite a while now with no problems. This is on a 01 ES w/ 30k miles. The springs have been on for 10k miles or so.

J

i have an 01 es with 35k on it would like to drop but dont know waht is better i am thinking tein or eibach

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey pinoy, i read somewhere about somone saying something about using aftermarket shocks with factory springs, what do you think about that? ride-height-wise, and performance-wise.</div>

ride height isn't going to change. unless the factory shocks and struts are blown. then new aftermarket ones will just bring the car back to like factory height. since the aftermarket struts and shocks can be stiffer than factory, handling will improve.

TGC Regular
    iiinntteerreessstinng...so improved handling, but stock ride height, just what im looking for, thanks buddy.

my suggestion is to lower it. even with a mild drop like the eibach pro kit. my car is now dropped an inch and a half and i have no problems with scraping or speed bump. odn't even have to go up most driveways at an angle. but yea the handling has greatly improved since i lowered my car.

TGC Regular
    but my problem is that im one of those guys who always go past the curb when parking :oops: , and my bumper would rip off in a second if i lowered my car, i wanna control my urge to pull up to far before i lower it, but i really want to improve the handling, i guess i will just have to think about it for now.

I have teins with KYB GR-2 shocks, which aren't that much different than stock. I was debating whether to stick with stock, but I am glad that I didn't, cause my factory struts and shocks were all shot when I took them out
    What is the meaning of life? 42.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>To the original questions, I have the Tien with stock struts for quite a while now with no problems. Â*This is on a 01 ES w/ 30k miles. Â*The springs have been on for 10k miles or so.

J</div>

There seems to be a few exceptions when it comes to the stock struts blowing out. I remember BGR rode on Progress springs for a long time, and still may be, with his stock struts. But, for me and mostly everyone else, a drop like Progress caused the stock struts to blow out real fast. I can only assume the same would go for the Tein springs.