The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Vehicle Speed Sensor

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    TGC Regular

Vehicle Speed Sensor

Ok well iam looking to install a Pioneer Avic-N1 and i dont know where my 02 8g's C|VSS (Vehicle SPeed Sensor) is. I need to hook a wiree up to that to get the vehicle dynamics working on the unit.

Experienced TGC Member
    Theres a speed sensor near the brakes. Dont know where else you would find it.

break out the good ole service manual and look it up. i know you can tap it where it goes to the ECU.

using hte search tool works too. i know this has been discussed before.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    on the 7G the speed sensor is this 3 pronged plug at the back of the transmission by the rear tranny perch. i can't imagine an 8G being that much different.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

don't F with the sensor on your brakes. Thats for your ABS (if you have it) and its a completly different system that you don't want to F up.
    like peanotation said, its a three pronged plug mounted to your tranny. its going to be on the top of your differential( the part on the back of your tranny where the axles plug in. should be three wires, one is a 12v(usually black and yellow), one is ground and one is a 0-5v signal wire. thats the wire you need to tap. or,
    you could tap the wire inside your car near the ecu. Just get a pinout chart for your ecu, and identify where the speed sensor signal wire is, and tap it there. this way you don't have to run any more wires through the firewall.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>don't F with the sensor on your brakes. Â*Thats for your ABS (if you have it) Â*and its a completly different system that you don't want to F up.
    like peanotation said, its a three pronged plug mounted to your tranny. Â*its going to be on the top of your differential( the part on the back of your tranny where the axles plug in. Â*should be three wires, one is a 12v(usually black and yellow), one is ground and one is a 0-5v signal wire. Â*thats the wire you need to tap. Â*or, Â*
    you could tap the wire inside your car near the ecu. Â*Just get a pinout chart for your ecu, and identify where the speed sensor signal wire is, and tap it there. Â*this way you don't have to run any more wires through Â*the firewall.</div>

Ahhh ok. Well thats good info to know. Also how the hell do you know so much about the G already?

i've been a galant owner sice 1998. I have always been about trying to get it to go fast and taking good care of it. I used to have a green 94 ES, then one day driving through town, i found this GS 5speed. Which was always my (practical) dream car. As soon as i got it i was bound and determined to put vr4 engine in it. I've nearly replaced every upgradeable part with an aftermarket performance part. Its really sad to think about how much time and money i've put into it. But, i keep it clean, and do a shitload of research before i buy a part. As far as knowing a lot about them, i do all of my own work on it. Once you've built a motor and done a swap, there is really nothing you can't do with a car.
    as for the wiring, i just know that because i had to rewire so much shit when i did the swap.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the reason i know a fair amount about the 8th gens is because my dad had a 99 gtz until he got his diamante in 2002. I was counting on a hand me down, but he traded it in. but i'm glad because if he would have given me the GTZ, i would of never gotten my GS

1994 Galant GS-Turbo