The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new member,need help,tranny

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    HoT_98_GaLaNT

new member,need help,tranny

hi,ive had my 98 for about 1 years,all i have done is air filter,and custom cat-back exhaust..................4spd auto tranny just went on me,so i need a 5spd tranny ,i also need everything to do the swap,.....some 1 let me know how i can make this thing gain some balls.lol....also the tranny..............................thanks guys.........

HoT_98_GaLaNT
    oh by the way,its a 2.4 sohc...

andyv6
    how about going with a 6a13tt engine swap? that is the 2.5 liter v6 twin turbo.

andy

GalantGuy96
    dude, he didnt ask for a freakin engine swap.....

check out my boy peano's site.... http://www.socallifestyle.com/tutorial/tutorial.html

also, next time please try to search...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yeah, follow my tutorial galantguy posted, and buy the tranny swap from mindless via his ebay auction. i can vouch that he's a great seller and if you buy the tranny swap from him it'll be worth every penny, great price too

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7954761467
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

GalantGuy96
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i can vouch that he's a great seller and if you buy the tranny swap from him it'll be worth every penny, great price too</div>
    ditto.....great seller.

Mindless
    Thanks guys!

andyv6
    he did ask how to give his galant some balls.... the engine swap would give it a huge pair. but i guess that might be overkill

here in the Philippines, total cost for engine swap, including a 6a12turbo engine and tranny, would probably run you 3000 - 4000 US$. that is one of the very few advantages of living in an underdeveloped country

andy

well thats not that far from the 4g63t engine swap you can get here in the states, i guest it will cost around $2500-$3000 US dollars to complete a 4g63t swap without a tranny, anyone is more than welcome to correct me if i am wrong but thats what i think it will cost.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

andyv6
    i was just sent an offer, 6a12tt front cut, US$1500. wow, if only i had the cash. maybe another 1500 for install and misc items,

$3000 for everything.... wow

andy

Mindless
    You can do it cheaper than $3000. If you do the swap yourself.

http://www.naganojapanese.com/jdm_4g63t.htm

^Yes I know that's an AWD swap but I'd be willing to bet you get a fwd 5speed of dsmtrader and sell that tranny for $300 on ebay.

There are plenty of places online with good prices on JDM swaps. you just have to look.

andyv6
    if engine swaps are not that expensive, why aren't more people doing it? reliability issues? or no time to do it themselves?

andy

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyv6
    he did ask how to give his galant some balls.... the engine swap would give it a huge pair. but i guess that might be overkill

here in the Philippines, total cost for engine swap, including a 6a12turbo engine and tranny, would probably run you 3000 - 4000 US$. that is one of the very few advantages of living in an underdeveloped country

andy
    Another advantage in living in the Philippines is access to JDM parts and real deal filipino food.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by andyv6
    if engine swaps are not that expensive, why aren't more people doing it? reliability issues? or no time to do it themselves?

andy
    Because it's a pain in the balls!

andyv6
    i hear ya about JDM parts. and filipino food. just had some nice longganisa (filipino sausage) for breakfast. although i love all types of food (that's why i drive a 6a12 to haul my fat ass around )

my friend has performed two engine swaps. the first was putting a 4g63t in a 7g galant. the second was putting another 4g63t in a 7g lancer. he is lucky because he owns the local mitsubishi dealership, so i guess costs are not really high.

andy

Tex71x
    so whats better 6a12 or 4g63t

andyv6
    if i had the money, i would go with the 6a12tt because my car already has the V6, so getting it to fit would be easier.

andy

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>so whats better 6a12 or 4g63t</div>

Its like saying whats better: Pepsi or Coke? Its all about preference. Do you want the extra displacement of the v6? Do you want the simplicity yet potent potential of the i4?
    7g for life!

i prefer the fuel economy of the 2.0l four banger
    and the raw power
    aftermarket support is a definate perk.
    not to mention the technical support for the 4g63.
    but either way you are going to haul ass

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Tex71x
    ok sweet

where do i get one a these?