The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Follow up to my exhaust poll

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Follow up to my exhaust poll

I want to do a dual exhaust setup, but I am not sure what piping I would have to buy. I suppose I should get mufflers with 2.25" inlets because I have a 2000 Galant ES i4, but what else do I need? Some sort of Y pipe to connect the 2nd route to the new exhaust, and some piping to get to that, is that it? Some technical terms/ballpark prices would be greatly appreciated.

bump

TTT we got a lotta people on now, someone's gotta kno this stuff

Im curious also. I have a 99 and i want to get dual exhaust on mine.

of course things will be slightly different for the 8g but here goes..

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

a friend of mine had a prelude with dual apexi n1 cans. despite the overkill exhaust, he did everything right on that car, looked great and was pretty fast. the only thing is, the first time he had his duals put on, they had his exhaust T off like that. and you could feel that both pipes weren't getting the same flow. in fact. one would blacken on the inside with soot, and the other took like a month to get black, and at high rpms, it sounded like he had an exhaust leak.
    so he had it redone with a Y and put a bigger resonator after the cat, and it sounded so great. it really did. real deep, smooth, and sexy. i'm not one for duals, but if you do it right, its well worth it.
    proper bending, equal as possible pipe length after the split, and proper use of resonators is the key.
    Good luck man, i wanna see/hear a video when your done.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

that's the one i found before, I am still searching for a 2.25"single/2.25" dual pipe though. Thanks for the info, so you're saying that I should keep all my stock resonators and add one right after the cat? I don't want min to be loud at ALL, jus deep.

the guy who sells them probably welds them. email him and ask if he can make you what you need. the resonators are all after the cat. what motor do you have. if you have a v6 i'd put 2.5 on itfrom the cat to the split, and 2.25 after the split. that should improve your exhaust flow significantly, without killing your bottom end. and later you could upgrade to a high flow cat.
    theres a good length of straight pipe after the cat before any bends, thats where your main stock resonators are. i'd get a fairly long resonator about 18 to 22 inches or so. That should do a number on quieting exhaust flow.
    if you have a four cylinder, i'd stay with 2.25 before and after the split, get a high flow cat, and a header.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you have a four cylinder, i'd stay with 2.25 before and after the split, get a high flow cat, and a header.</div>

:thumbsup: thanks boss