The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need help installing a autometer tach in my 03 galant

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    shaggy806

need help installing a autometer tach in my 03 galant

i just got my autometer tach in today there is four wire red black white and green. i hook the red white and black up but can find where the green one goes. red is the 12volt black is the ground white is for the light . can any one help me

do you have an i4 or a v6?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What do you need another tach for? Are you 5spd? Are 2 tachs better then one?
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if it's autometer there should be instructions up the ass. the green wire (looking at autometer instructions) is for the tach pulse signal, the 4th wire, i dont know. what do you need two tachs for?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I can only assume the green is for tach sensor. it's probably gonna be found on the ECU pull up the diagram for the S-AFC and find the pun for your model tach sensor
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

oh yeah what do you need 2 tachs for?....felt left out
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

shaggy806
    i do have a 5 speed and im a 4 cyl. buy what im asking where do the green wire go

8ggalant
    oh thats nice that yer 5spd...i am too..i dont need two tachs tho :? ...whatever floats yer boat tho

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shaggy806)</div><div class='quotemain'>i do have a Â*5 speed and im a 4 cyl. buy what Â*im asking where do the green wire go</div>

again pull up the diagram of your ECU and find the tach sensor unit and that's where the green wire goes
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Censee

Re: need help installing a autometer tach in my 03 galant

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shaggy806)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just got my autometer tach in today there is four wire red black white and green. i hook the red white and black up but can find where the green one goes. red is the 12volt Â*black is the ground white is for the light . can any one help me</div>

u did the swap?? nice...

midwestgalant
    so your tellin me you did a 5 speed swap on a 2003 galant...but you have no idea how to put in a 4 wire tach
    ?????????????????????????????????
    just give me your car before you rice it up to much

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(midwestgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>so your tellin me you did a 5 speed swap on a 2003 galant...but you have no idea how to put in a 4 wire tach
    ?????????????????????????????????
    just give me your car before you rice it up to much</div>

OUCH! LOL!

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    HHAHAHA, now thats comedy...but why do you need a second one for, answer the question already. I mean i gotta manual tranny, 8ggalant is running a manual, and were just using the stock one. Whats the point of the autometer, cant you see the stock one? you prolly just like the big light on it..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'> you prolly just like the big light on it..</div>

yeah, thats why i bought a shift light. this guy doesn't need a tach though
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Faction
    potential ricer?

8ggalant
    lmao he disappered

seriously tho..i wasnt tryin to be an ass...but i just was curious...for examply the engine in my 240 has a 7500 rpm redline but the ka gauge clusters redline is 6900/7k...last time i was out havin sum fun i damn near bounced the that ho cuz i wasnt payin attention (car has no limiters spd or rev...beat that bernard lol anyways)...so im just gonna get a shift light and hide in my dash sumwhere...i mean if u like the big tach look thats yer perogative...just wondering