The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: s7 Gauges Problem

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

s7 Gauges Problem

i installed my s7's but now my speedometer is dragging . I think its loose, not sure. It doesnt say the speed i'm actually doing. :cry: NEED HELP OR SHOULD I JUST GO TO MITSU TO FIX IT?

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

get some really really thin double stick tape and tape the s7 gauges onto the oem speedometer face. that will make sure that the face is not popping out.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i used 3m glue. it sticks but the needle moves extremely slow. and everything else is fine. i dont know what to do about it.

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

What year is your car? I had the same problem with my 03 and the S7s where the speedo needle was rubbing on the raised part - you can try 3 things:

1. make sure you didn't overtighten the screws on the speedo

2. if you have an 02/03, try slightly bending the top of bezel in to push the top of the speedo face in. Dont overdo it.

3. very very gently pry the speedo needle up, not the needle itself (it will break) but at the base - again, don't over do this one.

If you over tighten the screws it will raise the plastic around the base of the needle and cause that to stop the speedo.

Also between 50 to 70 the gauges tend to get stuck at the top of the needle. Concertrate the double sided tape there.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...