The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Im so lazy

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Im so lazy

... i still havent done my 60k maitnence and timeing belt and im already at 74k. Well i bought it at 70 and the chump before me didnt do it.

But anyways few questions (i sepnt enought time on search)

-people say that since i have a v6 i can wait till 100K, and i live in cali also. should i go ahead and do it, or is ok to wait a bit longer.

-If i do, what is the complete list of things that needs to be done. Out of that list what is the things that can be done by myself.

clone2020
    Everything is pretty easy to do yourself except the transmission flush and the timing belt replacement. The radiator flush is quite time consuming if you do it right. Most people just drain and refill.

I'd check all the fluids and flush anything that needs it. As far as the timing belt goes, just check it. Use common sense. Does it look like it needs to be replaced? Are there cracks, tears, etc? Does it look like shit? If so, replace it.

-MIKE.

i ddi everything on my 60k except the water pump and timing belt. everything else, the fluid changes the spark plugs, coolant, all that i did myself. but depending on what motor you have and your skill level that might vary. i know most people own't spend 6 hours bent over halfway to change their spark plugs on a v6.

as for the timing belt, you can wait till 100k. don't blame me if it breaks. mitsu isn't responsible cuz your car would be out of warranty lol. i changed mine at 58k and found not only was my timing severly off but my timing gear was broke and same with the belt. had i waited til 100k. well...i wouldn't have made it that far lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

took me 3.5 hours to change my plugs, wires, and distributor cap on my V6... just have to remember where everything goes... as far as the timing belt goes, take it to a professional if you don't know what you are doing. everything else is pretty much really simple... just get a service manual like haynes and it will tell you pretty much everything you need to know

Yeah, I'm getting my timing belt changed in a few weeks. Well there goes my finished exhaust/drop until then . I got a cali spec i4 and 70k miles, I think its about time. But don't the cali spec cars have longer lasting belts or some shit?

i looked at my parts catalog and i only see 2 different types of belts. belts for the i4 and belts for the v6. nothing different between the fed spec and the cali cars.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

:evil: Hehe trying to buy time every way I can without switching that bitch, oh well, hopefully my cousin(mechanic) can do my car.

So he will need to replace his spark plug wires, spark plugs, timing belt, and flush all fluids?
    I am trying to get an idea of what a 60k maintence would be like, what else would he need to do?

Alot of people seem to change the water pump when they get their timing belt switched so I guess you could add that to the list.