The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sunroof

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    theblackpearl

sunroof

i want to install a sunroof on my g... how much would that cost? and should i just go to a shop to cut my roof or what? i imagine if i had the right tool it wouldnt be that hard..

should cost about $1500.00. definately have a shop do it so that if anything goes wrong they will fix it. go to your local dealer and ask who does their sunroofs. you want a shop that has previous experience w/ your car model.

hey reelax.. any one in LA who does a good job for sunroof?... i wanted to get it when i got the car but.. never found any one good ..

like reelax said make sure they have lots of experience with your car's model because just about every aftermarket sunroof will leak, just depends on how much you want it to leak.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

While I like having a sunroof it is nothing like the t-tops my other cars have had. It is just too small. If my car didn't have a factory sunroof I would look for a fabric folding sunroof like the following link.

http://www.sunroofsetc.com/folding_sunroofs.htm

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    i asked the same question a while back, heres the best piec of information i got
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stylin_G)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey i heard if you install an aftermarket sunroof, in the long run it'll start leaking and shit, and it's not advised.... is this right or do you have to find the right person to install one (i.e - Dealer)... cuz I was thinking of doing this but I"ve been hearing that it'll leak, and it's better to have bought a car with a sunroof

But then it got me thinking if I bought a car with a sunroof, they're still cutting a hole in the roof to make the sun/moonroof, whats the difference in cutting the hole in the roof if you don't have one... I mean shouldn't it be the same?!?! or does it depend on how good your structural support on the car is..... Â*:?</div>

it definitely is dependent on the install. i have heard of STOCK moonroofs leaking and my AFTERMARKET moonroof never has. make sure you ask your local dealership who they bring their cars to and even if you can get a discount since the dealers usually have some deal w/ the installers because of the volume.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithert)</div><div class='quotemain'>While I like having a sunroof it is nothing like the t-tops my other cars have had. Â*It is just too small. Â* If my car didn't have a factory sunroof I would look for a fabric folding sunroof like the following link.

http://www.sunroofsetc.com/folding_sunroofs.htm</div>

yeah those are hott
    ragtop
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition