The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: In dash monitor

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

In dash monitor

I want to install a 5.5" screen in my dash on the passenger side. I also will be installing an in dash dvd player. All I have is the screen. Is there anything else that I will need? Has anyone installed this on their own or know someone who has. I am also considering puting one where the a/c controls and radio are but I want to know how difficult is it to relocate a/c controls and where is the best place to put them?

Back from the dead!!!

nope thats about all you need
    you just have to power the screen
    and run the video wires from the dvd player to the screen
    as far as relocating the ac controls
    I moved mine down
    the pocket in the center console comes out, you just have to unscrew it from the trim piece
    and to move the climate control down you just need to drill 4 holes to be able to screw in the climate control
    if you click on the www for me and go to page 3 you can see my car where I moved mine down
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Censee
    i put mines in the glove compartemnt ..(ac controls),,,,,,i just extended the wiring... i think its a hell of alot easier just to move down the radio down..or relocate the radio than the ac controls..if i could go back i would juts move the radio somehere else and move the ac controls down....