The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 95 Talon Rebuilt 5spd tranny

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    You are here entirely tooo much!!

95 Talon Rebuilt 5spd tranny

Went on a delivery yesterday and bumped into a mechanic friend of mine who says he has a 95 Talon 5spd tranny for sale. He says that is was totally built for racing with all new parts and sycros, now as he is telling me all the details my eyes start to light up with daydreams of 5spd and turbo for the G. But then he fucks it all up by saying he wants 750 for it.

Now my question is knowing that it is a good tranny and all is or would it be worth the 750 he asking for or should i search for a cheaper one? What would you do?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well shep racing charges $900 or so to race-build your 5spd tranny. so if he's not lying, that's an amazing price, since you're pretty much getting the tranny (about $300 value) + race built internals ($900 value) for $750.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

$750 is a good deal for a rebuilt tranny, even if it is not built for race. Just a rebuild with stock parts and double syncros would run around $500.00. So, you're looking at $250.00 for the tranny. Keep in mind you'll be looking at another couple hundred for all the parts neccesary to do the swap. Also, if you're throwing a race tranny in there, you need to throw in a race clutch...add another $300.00-$500.00.

OFF TOPIC -- Bronx, I got the a/c compressor, thanks.