The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g shakes after lowering!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar

8g shakes after lowering!

Ok, before anything else... I already spent hours using the "search" and I couldn't find anyone with the same problem that I'm having.

Here's the issue, after I got my car lowered last December (2.2" front, 1.5" rear), I noticed my whole car shakes (like hell) after making a 90-degree left or right turn, but it goes away after a few meters, probably 10 to 15 meters.

After about a week, I brought my car to Les Schwab for camber correction (and all that alignment stuff), and they fixed my camber from -2.5 and -2.2 on the rear to -.1 and -.1. They didn't fix the front camber because they said it was ok.

Anyway, I noticed that the whole car didn't shake as much as it used to. But you can still feel minor vibrations when making turns. I thought to myself that this "shaking" will go away after a few weeks or months. But until now (after 5 months), the minor shaking is still there. I brought my car again to Les Schwab last month and they said the camber was still ok.

Does anyone here at TGC ever had this problem?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

SleekGTZ

do you have stock or aftermarket rims? if you have aftermarket rims, you may need hubcentric rings to center your wheels.

Hi Reelax,

I still have the stock alloy wheels. I'm still saving some money to buy the rims that I want.

-SleekGTZ

does the car shake when you launch in a straight line?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Hi pinoy,

(kamusta na, kabayan)

No, the car doesn't shake if I launch in a straight line. It just shakes (the whole car) for a few seconds after making a turn. I guess the wheels were trying to straighten themselves after cornerning.

Thanks,

SleekGTZ
    (Seattle)

maybe you didn't tighten everything correctly, go back and retighten all your shock/strut mounts and the top of the struts as well, along with all your lugnuts and did you get your wheels balanced also? just a thought

Yeah, you're probably right. I can tighten the lugnuts, but for the shock and strut mounts, I'll probably bring it back to the shop that lowered my car and let them re-tighten everything else. The wheels are already balanced though.

Thanks,

-SleekGTZ