The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HEADER problem! HELP!!

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    TGC Regular

HEADER problem! HELP!!

I will make it simple.

Got new headers on , had to cut cat converter to get them to fit.
    Its very loud
    want it more quiet.

I get the cat put back on along with new exaust system(catback system) to make it quiet , correct?

HELP! I want this right befo june4 the big meet in va.

Lt. Donovan.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

take it to a muffler shop and see what kind of magic they can do.. im sure it wouldnt be hard.. nor expensive to solve your problem.. i know you how feel i have an obx header and a custom 2.5 inch "header-back" exhaust system.. no cat.. gotta love the loud man.. why would you wanna make it quiet.. lol
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

TGC Regular
    Its really loud man.. so loud Im ashamed to drive my own damn car.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

what kinda muffler you have on now? what kinda cat back did you get?

putting on the cat will quiet things a lil bit. putting on some resonators will also.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>what kinda muffler you have on now? what kinda cat back did you get? Â*

putting on the cat will quiet things a lil bit. putting on some resonators will also.</div>

I just have the headers on , but the kicker is I had to cut my first cat to even connect the headers to the rest of the system , but it really isnt connect its just like there with a piece of sheet metal around it , which really isnt covering it well , the exhaust is still comming out massively threw the area werer I ghetto rigged it. I have all the OEM piping just a new header. So your saying when I get a new exhaust get the cat put back on and what else could I do someone say a nice muffler
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>what kinda muffler you have on now? what kinda cat back did you get? Â*

putting on the cat will quiet things a lil bit. putting on some resonators will also.</div>

I just have the headers on , but the kicker is I had to cut my first cat to even connect the headers to the rest of the system , but it really isnt connect its just like there with a piece of sheet metal around it , which really isnt covering it well , the exhaust is still comming out massively threw the area werer I ghetto rigged it. I have all the OEM piping just a new header. So your saying when I get a new exhaust get the cat put back on and what else could I do someone say a nice muffler</div>

so what your saying is that you cut the cat off yourself, and you just replaced the missing pipping with pipe or so? then seeing as how you probably didnt weld the thing, you have a massive exhaust leak heance the sound. and what did i tell you about ghetto rigging stuff, dont do if fool...lol..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TGC Regular
    OH yeah its a major Exhaust leak around were the new headers are ghetto rigged to the rest of the OEM piping ...

So from what I gathered from asking questions , get a whole new exhaust system done by a shop , putting new cat on and keeping second cat and resignator to muffle the sound.

Is this correct?
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

You may not want to put the pre-cat back on. Leave it off and get a shop to fix you massive exhaust leak. The leak is why it is so loud. Once you fix that I feel should be fine.

Back from the dead!!!

TGC Regular
    You sure , why should I eliminate the cat..
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

no no, eliminate the PRE cat...get a high flow cat and get the rest of the exhaust done by a shop...i got my whole exhaust and hi flow cat custom done for $95

Have a shop make a pipe going from your header the rest of the exhaust. Thats exactly what I had to do, only I have a different downpipe. You should be fine once you do this. If Its leaking as massively as you say it is then it'll be much quieter after you do this; trust me I know. And supposedly the main cat for our cars are already hi flow cats so you shouldn't really need to change it.

TGC Regular
    Ok , I got people telling me to eliminate my precat , I"ll have no backpressure , and just get a cusotm pip from my header to my remaining exhaust...

still kinda lost , if this is the case I can get my car done this week not friday. I want to be ready for the meet in VA

Please give more intell
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

get rid of the pre cat and just stick with 1 main (high flow) cat to be a lil bit nice to mother nature.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    Yeah I'm leaning to towards that also..getting that custom piping done!

Thanks for the comments everyone , im still taking them in and suggestions.

Lt. Donovan J.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    here is my suggestion, stop ghetto rigging stuff, damn it..lol... your not freakin Mcguyver...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TGC Regular
    Your absolutely correct lol. I'll get this shop to do it.. I think might be meineki...they said approx 40 dollars
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your absolutely correct lol. Â*I'll get this shop to do it.. I think might be meineki...they said approx 40 dollars</div>

Are you kidding me? I must've really got raped on that deal then. Oh well, I was desperate anyway.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lootrock)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your absolutely correct lol. Â*I'll get this shop to do it.. I think might be meineki...they said approx 40 dollars</div>

Are you kidding me? I must've really got raped on that deal then. Oh well, I was desperate anyway.</div>

Well when I say 40 bucks Just for them to take a look at what the problem is and put a pip connecting the header to the rest of the system. Thats all , how did you get a bad deal?
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.