The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with using manual mirror for an electric one.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Help with using manual mirror for an electric one.

Some one broke my mirror about a month ago on the passenger side, all they broke was the glass. I have power mirrors on my car and got the entire mirror assyambly for a Manual one (thanks mindless) but i forgot to ask which one he had.

So my question is can i take the mirror out of the manual one and use it for my power mirror. I dissasymbled it and have the mirror and the black plate attached to it, will that swap out? or will i need to remove the mirror (glass) from the black back plate?

If anything i'll find out tomorrow when i take another look at the G.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Direct swap.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Great that you answered your own question, maybe you should make a tutorial for the noobies that dont know what a search button is for.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I thought i wasnt going to fit because of the extra tab for the 'manaul arm' or what ever that rod is called but after i took everything apart and saw How simple it was to remove the mirror and back plate off in the morning i pulled mine off and saw its pretty much identical and put the new one on.

To pull the mirror off all you have to do is move the mirror to face up to put your fingers underneath and pull out there are two tabs that hold it on the bottem. after that you want to swing the mirror up to an about 90 degree angle and then pull out. and just reverse it to put the mirror back on.

I thought i would have asked just incase some one else did it, and after the search in the 7g section all i found was about 7 pages about m3 mirrors.