The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with Resistor Packs

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Experienced TGC Member

Help with Resistor Packs

This may be a bit of a noob question, though I have very little experience with electronics.

What kind of resistors would I need to drop 12-16 ohms down to 2-3 ohms. Would a simple 10 ohm resistor soldered into the coils work? The reason being is that I order some 3000GT VR4 360cc low-impedance injectors. Though our cars use high impedance. So basicly I need to throw in some resistors to make it work.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    can you use the stock resistor pack off a 2g? pretty sure you can, that'll get you running low-imp injectors
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>can you use the stock resistor pack off a 2g? pretty sure you can, that'll get you running low-imp injectors</div>

You know what I probably can. All I know about the VR4 resistors is that their part number: MD145962

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Pretty sure all DSM injectors are the same. Id just grab a 3kgt vr4 resistor pack, since it would already be wired for 6 injectors and the 2g would only be for 4.
    7g for life!

you could get one off of an old v6 honda too from a junk yard they look like silver twinkies they are small and can easily fit in your pocket just make sure if you get a resistor box get both sides of the clips it makes things alot easier
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Pretty sure all DSM injectors are the same. Â*Id just grab a 3kgt vr4 resistor pack, since it would already be wired for 6 injectors and the 2g would only be for 4.</div>

The VR4 packs are somewhat hard to find.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>you could get one off of an old v6 honda too from a junk yard they look like silver twinkies they are small and can easily fit in your pocket just make sure if you get a resistor box get both sides of the clips it makes things alot easier</div>

Hmmm, what year honda would you reccomend?

Also guys, is their any other name for these components other than resistor pack? The reason I ask is because Im not sure what to look for in car-parts.com

damn i cant remember what year i got it off of but it looks like this i have one in my room now lol the one i have doesnt have the connectors but if you want it you can have it

you can get them off of accords, legends, vigors, i think most mid 80-mid/late 90's honda or acura should have them just make sure its a v6 of course.
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yup, looks like a resistor pack, i'd say go for it
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

vigors are 5 cylinders...

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>yup, looks like a resistor pack, i'd say go for it</div>

Well I'm not sure of the spces for it though. Hey underated, do these work with DSMs (my theory is if it works w/DSMs then it works with mine)?

yah they work with dsm's its a 10watt 10ohm resistor pack just like the 4cyl ones

i didnt know vigors were 5 cyl cars i saw a pack on one but i didnt count the wires lol

if you dont want to do all the wiring for the pack you could just solder in some individual resistor like this http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=216710

wiring the resistors inline is easier but i guess how ever you want to do it