The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: LED Brake Lights. With Pics.

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

LED Brake Lights. With Pics.

I know someone else has done something similer to this, but I thought I would give it a shot and heres the half way finished product, only half way because I need to add about 14 more LED's to fill in some gaps. Keep in mind I only used 3mm LED's and I don't even know how many I used but a hell of a lot. Tell me what you all think.

TGC Regular
    Looks hot. You should do a tutorial

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    yeah that does look cool, i know the 7 G has that section of light running across the middle of the trunk lid, but something like that might look different under that chrome piece above the plate on the 8G

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Yeah I was thinking about doing a Tutorial, but I need to come up with a better way to cover them other then using tape. Glad you guys like it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glantv699)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah that does look cool, i know the 7 G has that section of light running across the middle of the trunk lid, but something like that might look different under that chrome piece above the plate on the 8G</div>

Yeah its just as easy as using LED's like mine but facing down. I'm glad you all like it, I had a 100 red LED's and thought I should do that.

yea their was one other guy that did this umm 2 years ago on a black 7th gen...forget the name....lol but looks good
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Proto
    illant i think is his name. he did 3 led's though.. and using shrink wrap and black silicone caulk

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>illant i think is his name. he did 3 led's though.. and using shrink wrap and black silicone caulk</div>

Thats good info for me, a way for me to seal it. I'm just using clear duct tape as a temporary seal. Shrink wrap... where can I get some... lol. With that in mind, I'll make the Tutorial when I get some shirnk wrap and some black silicone.
    l

I added some more LED's, but now I want to make them brighter so I'm putting resistors to every 3rd led.

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>And now I re-wired them so now there a little brighter, and will make them easyer to see in the day time.</span></span>

Only the LED brake light ON on the trunk.

Close up

All brake lights on. ( I know I need to change my bulbs.)

just wondering, but could you get the same effect of lighting that same area with maybe 2 or even 3 light bulbs instead of LEDs?

yeah, actually you probably can, you just have to drill the holes big enough to fit the bulbs inside. I just had a bunch of LED's so I just thought I would use them insted of bulbs, and I like how much faster they are at responding to the brake light.

Yeah, I didn't mean to bash on your idea - it was just a thought I had. Big ups, mang.