The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My list of custom options, IF I keep it through school

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    monkeyracer

My list of custom options, IF I keep it through school

I have a manual 1998 Galant ES that I've had since 2001, this is what's been done to it:

Invader Style Body kit, molded side skirts.
    Custom Leather kit, finishing sewing was hand sewn by my self.
    Dealer installed Sunroof (before I bought it)
    15" Quantum Tek S11 painted silver rims.
    DTM style Exhaust
    8G CAI modified for 7G
    Upper front strut brace
    '96 Header panel to match body kit
    Two color white face gauges
    '04 Mitsubishi Evo CD deck
    Terk XM commander XM radio

Now, this is what I'd like to do to it, If I get the money, and keep it through college:

- Tint, nothing too dark, but at least some at all
    - Modify the Front bumper and rear bumper to make a one of a kind body kit. (Fiberglass)
    - Find a Carbon Fiber Evo hood, use it (if all else fails, I'll use a fiberglass CF Evo hood.)
    - Install an Evo 7 Carbon fiber wing (mold the sides to the trunk lid)
    - (soon) Reinstall new interior carpet (same color as before)
    - Upgrade suspension (maybe brakes too)
    - Better integrate the XM antenna (fiberglass?)
    - Turbocharge with new turbo-back exhaust.
    - Install a front-mount intercooler, custom piping
    - If not turbo, then otherwise increase horsepower
    - Upgrade to 17" rims on 45 series tires.
    - Maybe along with the rims, I'd do a rear disc brake swap with 5 lug conversion, and match the front with the 5 lug as well.

For paint I'd like to:
    Use the same metallic orange that the C6 corvette's come in, but add a dark metal flake and my own custom graphics, on the hood I'd leave the center clear to see the Carbon fiber through it, as well as the wing on the CF spoiler.

For inside, I'd get some component speakers up front again, better quality 6 x 9's, and maybe a better deck with mp3 capability (options are aplenty on this one)
    Other than that, I'm going to pretty much leave the interior alone.

My overall goal is visual presentation but by not sacrificing too much performance. I will NOT clear my corners, and absolutely will not add any lights that would not be in a stock location (other than fog) such as wiper nozzle lights, and euro side markers (too much like a jetta or civic.) I will not change my fenders unless I get into an accident, because they are already molded to the side skirts.
    I've moved on from the bump-your-grandma-back-from-the-grave audio set up of post high-school. So the next system will be more for everyday listening.

If there is a brand that you would swear your mother's life on for any of the above things, let me know about it. (except for car audio, I have that taken care of, thanks to another forum posting) I will repeat, DO NOT post about ANY car audio, I have that covered.
    Or if you have done one of the things above and regret it or would have done it differently, let me know.
    I want this to be a constructive forum post. Please don't bash anything or anyone that may reply to this (or myself.) If you don't like a suggestion that was made, then make your own, independent of what another person posts. I want to get a lot of ideas from people that have done this before, and gain a better knowledge of what not to do.

Got any pix

monkeyracer
    pics of the g-ride? sure, are they pretty? no, it's currently multiple colors, primer and bondo, and body color. (When all the body work is done, it's going in to paint)
    The leather looks good, but the carpet is shit, so it throws it off.
    If you really want pics of my 7G, then send me a PM, I'll send you the link to it.