The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: FOG LIGHTS!!!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

FOG LIGHTS!!!!!!!

Hey, ive been having this big ass problem with my fog lights, and i turn to u guys cuz i know ur g mastas , well i got my fog lights mounted and everything, got the 2 black wires grounded really good and one of the power wires hooked to the battery, and then i cant find a good 12v source in the cabin, ive already blown like 2 relays trying, can u guys plz tell me where i can find a good 12v source in the cabin for the fogs? thx
    From 7g to this...

Shot with DSC-T33 at 2007-07-21
    13.1@109 02 WS6

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    if i were you i would hook up the fogs the way i did my HIDS.
    Main Relay poer to the battery, grounds ae to the chassis and low input power to the high beam low beams or park light. If you cannot understand i could always post a diagram.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

yeah, a diagram would be great, thx
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

yup. get power directly from the battery. thats the best way. you can tap from here and there but if you want the brightest light output from the fogs, tap for power at the battery.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

O really? cuz someone said that wasnt a good thing to have it on there for too long, just for a test type of thing
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

why wasn't it good? the battery is the main power source. you should be fine if the circuit is fused.

yeah, but one of the power wires isnt fused, so i dont think i can do that, unless u know some magical way that it can work without one
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

the circuit will still work without a fuse. its just that the circuit isn't as safe as if you would if you had one. thats all.

just like driving a car without a seatbelt or without doors and a roof. you can still drive just isn't as safe.

putting in an inline fuse isn't that hard either.

yeah sabzi told me that it could have a possibility of catching fire, so that kinda sacres me, it just shouldnt move around a lot right?, do u just cut in the middle of the wire, strip and then connect it to the fuse thing?
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

i think i tapped mines to my corner lights, since im not using them but for signals...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile
    yeah sabzi told me that it could have a possibility of catching fire, so that kinda sacres me, it just shouldnt move around a lot right?, do u just cut in the middle of the wire, strip and then connect it to the fuse thing?
    pretty much thats what you do if you wanted to add an inline fuse. you should also do that within a foot of the power source.