The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Code P1720

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Code P1720

I know it has something to do with the transmission, but what exactly could be causing this code? Going to the dealership tomorrow, would like to know what to expect, and be able to tell if they are trying to do unnecessary repairs to get more money out of me.
    What is the meaning of life? 42.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    P1720 Vehicle Speed Sensor

Does your speedometer work?
    7g for life!

haha, that made my night. No, my speedo is not working. I also got P0500, which is a speed sensor malfunction. So both involved my speedo not working, that is why I was going to the dealership anyways. Alright thanks a lot!

Yah should be able to install a new speed sensor an your good to go. Not hard to do yourself if you want to save some money.
    7g for life!

It is actually not even the sensor I think, when my dad replaced the motor, he pulled the wires out of the connector. He thinks he put them back in the wrong way, but for some reason he didn't switch them around to find the right way (thats my dad). Probably won't even need a new speedo sensor

Well the connector should only go on one way unless the connector is broke. Not sure where hte speed sensor is on the 8g, but 7g it is on kind of under hte intake manifold on the top of the trans.
    7g for life!