The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: any turbo 8g's

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

any turbo 8g's

got a problem with their throttle body sticking

ever since i turbo'd my car, my throttle has been stickin

i sprayed some throttle cleaner on the spring, and it helped, but is there something else causing this???

or is there a performance one i can buy??

spray wd40 or white lithium grease on the spring; you want to lubricate it. as for your throttle sticking, try cleaning the throttle plate itself, i'm sure its just gummed up.

just take off the charge pipe at the throttle body, then spray a shop rag really well with some t.b cleaner then rub all over the plate and focusing on the edges of the plate itslef. you will have to rotate the throttle open to get all the sides of the plate, also be sure to clean the bore of the t.b itself. takes all of 10 minutes to do.
    after this you may notice better throttle response.

check your charge pipes to see if there is oil in them as well. most likely there's going to be oil between the turbo oulet and the intercooler inlet. thats just normal blowby oil that is created when boost causes your pcv valve to stay shut, then crank case gases build up and are forced to back flow through the breather line, and into your intake.
    when this happens, over time your intercooler actually gets oil in it as well and aftetr that you will see oil in the upper intercooler charge pipes. which could cause the gunky t.b. plate.

but most likely its just a dirty plate for regular use reasons. happens to a lot of cars.
    afterwards just clamp the upper hose back on to the t.b.
    don't forget to go over every single intercooler pipe coupling to and tighten the clamps. that way you can eliminate some boost leaks and improve response all over

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

alright, so i sprayed some wd-40 on it, and it helped a little......i also had one of my techs at my shop clean the throttle body when he put on the new cable......

but when i sprayed it, it would open just fine......bit when we let of the accel pedal, it would go down, then we would have to push it closed about 2 notches......i didnt think there was supposed to be notches in the way the spring acts, but fo rsome reason, you can feel it click

you can also feel it in the pedal....

if you open the TB with the spring, it doesnt do that.....
    and i also made sure the cable wasnt hittin anything

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i dont know how it works in the 8g world, but you can look into swapping tbs with a 3000gt or diamante or something. might be bigger than your oem one.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

my dad's dimante t.b is huge. its like 80mm

1994 Galant GS-Turbo