The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Max airflow you have seen (lbs/min)?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Experienced TGC Member

Max airflow you have seen (lbs/min)?

Branching off from the other thread about max Karman freq, just wondering what is the max lbs/min you guys are seeing?

For me its about 20 lbs/min under full throttle.

from the logger?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>from the logger?</div>

Yep.

BTW I noticed on my emanage that it had two seperate karman-frequency outputs (to the laptop). One was "Airflow In", and the other was "Airflow Out". Now the wierd thing is that the airflow in #, is really diffrent from the airflow out #. I'm pretty sure I didn't mess with anything, so why is it applying a correction factor to it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yep.

BTW I noticed on my emanage that it had two seperate karman-frequency outputs (to the laptop). Â*One was "Airflow In", and the other was "Airflow Out". Â*Now the wierd thing is that the airflow in #, is really diffrent from the airflow out #. Â*I'm pretty sure I didn't mess with anything, so why is it applying a correction factor to it?</div>
    are you using a pre programmed base map?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yep.

BTW I noticed on my emanage that it had two seperate karman-frequency outputs (to the laptop). Â*One was "Airflow In", and the other was "Airflow Out". Â*Now the wierd thing is that the airflow in #, is really diffrent from the airflow out #. Â*I'm pretty sure I didn't mess with anything, so why is it applying a correction factor to it?</div>
    are you using a pre programmed base map?</div>

Nope, I don't think so. I don't even have the core map values loaded up (all maps have 0s).

Interesting - I also got 20 lbs/min max as well, running on the AEM short ram. Anyone out there with a CAI or non ghetto-modded airbox do any tests?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    wish i had a logger :?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>wish i had a logger Â*:?</div>

Honestly, by the looks of how your turbo came out, I would almost wager that I don't really need a logger.

without a logger you really can't tune for a leaner mix safely. matt pretty much tuned to kep things pleasantly rich across the board. so he is definatly running under par for his setup.
    but i imagine emanage will allow you to see some of those things
    like timing and such. but does it show you what the ecu is seeing? cause of course the ecu has the final say in the matter.
    a logger will tell you these things. plus allow you to keep your eyes on the road while testing and tuning

1994 Galant GS-Turbo