The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Advice

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    JSTATL

Need Advice

Got a great deal on a carbon fiber hood but the catch is i have to go and pick it up. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to just drive the car to the car to the location (approximatly 120 miles) put it on and then drive back home. Will i mess anything up by doing this.

I checked the weather forcast and it is suspose to be clear and cool.

i doubt you would mess anything up. your just replacing the factory hood with a carbon fiber one. just make sure you replace all the hardware so the hood doesn't come flying up at you.
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

De1st

lol

LOL i was driving on the e way the other day and actually saw this happen
    :twisted: i was laughing my ass off

Re: lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(De1st)</div><div class='quotemain'>LOL i was driving on the e way the other day and actually saw this happen
    :twisted: i was laughing my ass off</div>

:laughing: :laughing:
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

As long as you have a place to stick your stock hood you should be fine. Putting the carbon fiber hood on will take 2 people, so as long as the seller is willing to help you're golden. shouldn't have any issues, but probably would want to put some hood pins on in the near future.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

JSTATL

Driving naked

So what everyone is telling me is that it should be ok to drive the car down without the hood and install it there.

hmm i think you should have metioned the part with out the hood before we started saying it was a good idea.

first off i'd check the laws to make sure that it's legal (i don't think you want a ticket for that). secondly i would definitly check the weather, because rain + no hood = flooded out engine. just my humble opinion.
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

if you do put the hood on, make sure you dont drive too fast coming back because your hood might fly up w/o hood pins

JSTATL
    Yeah though about the law thing after the fact and decided to just rent a truck and go down get the hood and then come back. Much easier plus i won't have to worry about messing up my car or running into any unexpected showers.

Poor man can't afford engine problems.

But thanks for the advice people, helped me out alot.