The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual Pistons calipers off 2G GSX?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Experienced TGC Member

Dual Pistons calipers off 2G GSX?

I was wondering if the stock GSX dual pistons are the same or simliar to the V6 dual pistons?

The reason I ask is because I'm considering doing a VR4 quad piston upgrade, and the mounting bracket they make for it fits GSX/GST. So I figure Mitsubishi probably didn't change a whole much as far as the brakes are concerned right?

edit: One reliable source over at club3g has stated that they are NOT interchangable.

I wonder how big the differance is.

edit2: Some quick facts-
    1) All NA 3kGT/Stealth came with dual piston calipers.
    2) Only the 2nd Gen GSX came with dual piston calipers (i.e. not the 2nd gen GST)
    3) While the dual pod calipers from both the 3kgt and the GSX are interchangable (grrr bastards!), they are not interchangable with the 00-01Galant/00Eclipse hub.
    4) A mounting bracket to fit the VR4 brakes to the NA brakes will not work on my car (though they will work on a GSX....grrr Bastards!)
    5) The 1G and 2G 3000GT hub assemblys are diffrent (i.e you can't use the 2nd gen calipers on a 1st gen 3kGT)
    6) I will require a whole new hub assembly to make this work.

Xska55
    im pretty sure they do i dont know from my own experience i do know for a fact that Turbo Trix's 9 sec. Evo has swapped out the the stock Brembos for GSX dual piston calipers it allows them to use a smaller wheel and much taller slicks up front.

http://turbotrix.com/isthebest/customer/pa...s.php?pageid=18

..so if the Evo Brembos fit the the 8g then im pretty sure so will the GSX calipers