The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The new Eclipse cat-back

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Senior TGC Member

The new Eclipse cat-back

After looking at the dyno results it seems pretty impressive...cheaper than anything else out there and nets 7 hp 13 torque gain on an otherwise stock vehicle...maybe I oughta buy one and enlongate the section right before the muffler...then again the setup is probably tuned for the length.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I saw that, and awhile back I wrote Magnaflow about making a catback for our car and that the engine is the same as the eclispse. They responded and said they have been getting a lot of other requests and they are looking into it. Maybe if more people bug em about it. Also, if anyone is in LA they could offer to be a test car or something to speed up the process.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

Re: The new Eclipse cat-back

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>After looking at the dyno results it seems pretty impressive...cheaper than anything else out there and nets 7 hp 13 torque gain on an otherwise stock vehicle...maybe I oughta buy one and enlongate the section right before the muffler...then again the setup is probably tuned for the length.</div>

Which brand are you talking about?

Senior TGC Member
    MagnaFlow
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99DE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I saw that, and awhile back I wrote Magnaflow about making a catback for our car and that the engine is the same as the eclispse. They responded and said they have been getting a lot of other requests and they are looking into it. Maybe if more people bug em about it. Also, if anyone is in LA they could offer to be a test car or something to speed up the process.</div>

Sounds like a great idea. I'm in LA and I can do it. The other deal I was supposed to do is just taking too long. Magnaflow Race series would be nice.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Yea i'm witcha TJC, not to knock the gb but it's very uncertain. Where's the websites w/the dyno results?
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

Senior TGC Member
    Club 3G's forums...http://www.eclipseforums.org under both the Parts Reviews and GT/GTS Performance Modifications threads.