The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM radiator. Would it fit?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar

JDM radiator. Would it fit?

recently my radiator cracked. since i'm now closer to japan and manila i got me a jdm radiator. my question is would it be compatible? it has a dual fan. and my other problem is the trans hoses. does it matter where i plug them? is there a cold and hot for it? i need help guys. i don't want to buy a brand new one for $250.00. also our usdm fan has one plug cause we only have one fan. but with the jdm, two plugs. you think i can just tap the lines? thanks guys for any help...

my car has two fans
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>my car has two fans</div>

So does mine.

so are they jdms? hows is you wiring? 2 fans= 2 way wiring right? can you take some pics so i can see how the wiring goes? thanks

the 99's have the single fans. they were upgraded to a dual fan in 2k because the 99's had overheating problems.

since im lazy to look thins up, you might want to refer to the service manual to see how its wired up

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Re: JDM radiator. Would it fit?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>recently my radiator cracked. since i'm now closer to japan and manila i got me a jdm radiator. my question is would it be compatible? it has a dual fan. and my other problem is the trans hoses. does it matter where i plug them? is there a cold and hot for it? i need help guys. i don't want to buy a brand new one for $250.00. also our usdm fan has one plug cause we only have one fan. but with the jdm, two plugs. you think i can just tap the lines? thanks Â*guys for any help...</div>

the radiator support is a little bit different on the JDM cars vs the USDM's The radiator in theory should work, im not sure how the fit is going to be as far as clearances go. Also is your JDM radiator from an Automatic? because if its not, your going to need to run an external tranny cooler
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the 99's have the single fans. they were upgraded to a dual fan in 2k because the 99's had overheating problems.

since im lazy to look thins up, you might want to refer to the service manual to see how its wired up</div>

pinoy its funny the way mitsu did that with the fans. When I did my EVO swap, all I did was get a hi flow thin line fan and used the stock 99 Galant radiator which is only like 5/8" thick and I NEVER had any overheating probs and that motor makes a ton of heat. Granted the better fan, but still. I got a baby Honda radiator now, takes up less space, but its 2 1/2" thick so cooling is GREAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Re: JDM radiator. Would it fit?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>recently my radiator cracked. since i'm now closer to japan and manila i got me a jdm radiator. my question is would it be compatible? it has a dual fan. and my other problem is the trans hoses. does it matter where i plug them? is there a cold and hot for it? i need help guys. i don't want to buy a brand new one for $250.00. also our usdm fan has one plug cause we only have one fan. but with the jdm, two plugs. you think i can just tap the lines? thanks Â*guys for any help...</div>

the radiator support is a little bit different on the JDM cars vs the USDM's The radiator in theory should work, im not sure how the fit is going to be as far as clearances go. Also is your JDM radiator from an Automatic? because if its not, your going to need to run an external tranny cooler</div>

it has 2 pipes at the bottom for the 2 hoses from the tranny. i know one of them should be the cool one but which one i'm not really sure. i don't want to plug the wrong one on the wrong side. but bracket wise, i can work with. i'll just make new fittings. my problem also would be the wiring on the fans. since i have only one fan on my usdm, i was wondering if it's ok to just tap the extra fan on the jdms to make both of them work. thnks