The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo manifold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    hmmm still would like to see a picture of this. Problem in a 8G wasn't moving it up or down but that the fact the turbo was hitting these pipes and why you have to either get a custom mani or one made specific for the Galant if you don't want to remove your A/C

http://www.galantforums.com/modules.php?na...yimage&pos=-125

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    hmmm still would like to see a picture of this. Problem in a 8G wasn't moving it up or down but that the fact the turbo was hitting these pipes and why you have to either get a custom mani or one made specific for the Galant if you don't want to remove your A/C

http://www.galantforums.com/modules....image&pos=-125
    my sister had a a/c hose rupture on her not too long ago. i called the dealer and they wanted about 200 bucks for new line. i ended up calling around my town and found a place called "seacliff" they actually made her a whole new hose for only 40 bucks. just reused her old factory fittings.
    you could choose between 400-500 for a nice thick long lasting and dependable tubular stainless steel manifold.
    or like 80 bucks for a good used ported 2g manni and another 40-70 bucks for a custom made a/c line(one that avoids interference). then another 14 to recharge to a/c afterwards.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

j686m
    damn you 7g guys and your easy turbo installs lol, i knew i should have just bought another one instead of an 8g.

j686m
    so its actually the a/c high side(smaller) line thats in the way of the turbo?
    if thats all it is then i could chop the hard line and hose off and have AN fittings welded to compressor fittings and connect it with braided steel hose. i mean that stuff is good for 1000 psi and the most that high side line will ever see is aroun 200-300

Quote Originally Posted by j686m
    if thats all it is then i could chop the hard line and hose off and have AN fittings welded to compressor fittings and connect it with braided steel hose. i mean that stuff is good for 1000 psi and the most that high side line will ever see is aroun 200-300
    nah the solution is much easier than that. besides flare fittings aren't designed for that application.

just go to a place that makes a/c lines

there is a place in louisville i took a busted hose from my sisters car to .
    they created a whole new line and welded my fittings to it.
    only cost me about 40 bucks

if you already have the fittings they could make yopu a new one easy. or create new fittings that redirect the line. its not that complicated. just be sure to get your refrigerant evacuated the proper way.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    Quote Originally Posted by j686m
    nah the solution is much easier than that. besides flare fittings aren't designed for that application.

just go to a place that makes a/c lines

there is a place in louisville i took a busted hose from my sisters car to .
    they created a whole new line and welded my fittings to it.
    only cost me about 40 bucks

if you already have the fittings they could make yopu a new one easy. or create new fittings that redirect the line. its not that complicated. just be sure to get your refrigerant evacuated the proper way.
    Bro you got any contact info for that place?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

the spot in lousivilee is called Sea-Cliff
    i dont have the number ready, but i'll get it if nessesaery
    just call a hydraulic shop in your area. ask them if they do hvac lines. if they don't then who would they reccomend in your area.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

j686m
    so a dsm turbo and manifold will clear the compressor on an 8g?

how about an evo 8 mani?? I see the turbo sits slightly off center towards the right but the turbo seems much bigger than those off a 1g or 2g DSM. I know some thought it might interfere with the starter but it doesn't seem like it would get in the way. Has anyone tried this out or know about the fitment?

j686m
    it hits the starter, ask stewi about that one. but RRE sells a spacer you can use with longer studs to get around that problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12