The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pre SDS stage 2

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Soup

Pre SDS stage 2

I have a 2000 mitsubishi galant es. What mods should i do before installing the SDS stage 2 kit. If any mods where could i purchase them. I want it to be safe and reliable. All help would be appreciated thanx

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Do you already have the SDS kit?

safe? sds is anything but that, make sure ur engines healthy, and check club3g.com for more pre-sds preprations, i found alot of topics wheni was in the whole SDS VS turbo point 2 weeks ago
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

From their site.

As a basic rule, you should have started with a trouble free engine. Any minor problems you had before installing the SDS will not go away by themselves. Actually the addition of Forced Induction (FI) on any car with all the changes that are required will make the minor problems more noticeable and depending on the nature of those minor problems can lead to some type of break down or engine failure. In other words, ensure the car is running good before modifying it. If there were minor problems you have not fixed yet, this would be a good time to make those repairs.

Note – Doing a compression test prior to installing the SDS system will give you a basic idea of the internal condition of the engine. A normal engine should give a compression reading of 139 or better. These readings should be uniform on all cylinders.

I.e. if all cylinders are showing 145psi +/- 3psi this is normal. The maximum variation is 14psi. The maximum low side is 130psi.

If 5 cylinders are showing 145psi and one is showing 165psi, or 5 are showing 165psi and one is showing 145psi this WILL cause problems as the engine is unbalanced. Once FI is applied to this engine, engine failure WILL eventually occur.

On a Naturally Aspirated (NA) engine if the cylinders are unbalanced but within acceptable limits, the engine will still run normally, without any sign of problems.

Going over the basics

1.Take the time to go over the SDS installation manual and double check EVERYTHING. All too often an installer will miss one or two details which will give the end user a serious run problem. It is essential that your electronics be soldered in place and proper protection be applied around your connection. If any wires are exposed they will send a false value to either the Black Box/AFR or your ECU, giving you a poor running condition.

2.Do a visual check and see if there are any loose connectors or wires. Including checking for shorted wires and proper ground connections, as well as any wrong connections.
    Love,
    Matt

Soup
    thanx for all of your help. Matt do you have stage 2? If so whats your overall opinion on the kit, is it really worth it? On ripp's website they say "The RIPP SDS-4G64 has had zero engine failures* to date. From it’s inception in 2002, no other forced induction system available can compete with the power and reliability we lay claim too…NONE!" Is this true?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    lol, they're so full of it. zero engine failures? :laughing:
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Soup)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanx for all of your help. Matt do you have stage 2? If so whats your overall opinion on the kit, is it really worth it? On ripp's website they say "The RIPP SDS-4G64 has had zero engine failures* to date. From it’s inception in 2002, no other forced induction system available can compete with the power and reliability we lay claim too…NONE!" Is this true?</div>

I HAD stage 2.
    Love,
    Matt

I HAVE stage 2!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

ji

so how is it running the sds stage 2? any noticeable gains
    doing my thing, one mod at a time