The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dual exhaust ?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

dual exhaust ?

has anyone done it. how would one do it if he was to put a dual exhaust?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I was gonna do it, woulda cost me a lot to have it fabbed up... people are gonna yell at you if you have a i4, Galantv600 has it done on his V6, I had to buy a Y pipe and 90 degree mandrel bends to have it done, 4 of em.. I might still have the bends, Pipe is gone. Basically whatever shop or mechanic u take it to would tell u what to get

TGC Regular
    I have this done on my V6, but need to have it corrected because :

1) The flow is uneven. (90% from the original side and 10% from the 2nd)
    2) The mufflers were installed too low. I scrub my tips at stock height, coming off a steep curb. So they need to be installed higher before I can lower the car.

Make sure to find a good exhaust shop to do the install, that knows how to keep your flow for each side pretty even.

i would recommend meinike they specialize in it.
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    GalantV600 has them and they look good to me.

so is it true that duals on the i4 dont really do anything but make it look nice? i think i read that duals on the i4 give more backpressure or something? wasup with that?
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newguyonblock
    so is it true that duals on the i4 dont really do anything but make it look nice? i think i read that duals on the i4 give more backpressure or something? wasup with that?
    chances are you will lose low end power if you do a dual setup on an i4... the piping is 2.25" so you have to keep the whole setup that size or smaller or you will lose backpressure.. not hugely knowledged on all the technical stuff but go here to read more

Back pressure isn't a good thing--it's a common misconception. What happens when you get a larger pipe is that the air cools, which we all know from intake 101, means that the air condenses. The condensed air will not flow through the pipe as well, because it is denser and smaller. Imagine blowing water through a small straw as opposed to ice through a garden hose. The water is going to come out of the straw with much more force.

When air is forced out the end of your pipe it will create a vacuum effect, pulling the next emission with it. If the diameter of your pipe is too large, then the lingering air will slow down the next pulse.

NSX Prime can describe it way better than I can.

cj_sparky
    I have a 4" round Magnaflow muffler that replaced the resonator, Y and dual 2.25" exhaust pipe. Its sounds good, no high pitched BS just a nice mellow rumble at idle and a tuned sound all the way to redline. Increase in performance is noticeable. I’ll try to get some pics up sometime soon. BTW it only cost me about $260 w/tips.