The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tranny fluid ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>ic thats good to know so i dont really have to get 12 quarts? the dealer told me it would be 12 (i have a 4cyl)
    </div>

as I said if you had read, they WILL need 12 quarts if they use a flushing machine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    what other type of fluids are compatible with our trannys i know we are susposed to use the diamond star fluid but what else can we use? is it micron3 (sp) i forget...</div>
    none.

why would they need 12 quarts if the tranny only holds 8?

and the guy at the parts department told me my car took 12 i didnt come up with that magic number lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>why would they need 12 quarts if the tranny only holds 8?
    </div>

have you actually READ my previous posts?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>

and the guy at the parts department told me my car took 12 i didnt come up with that magic number lol</div>
    no, you said the dealer told you that was needed for a complete flush.
    and as I will repeat a third time, IF a flushing machine is used, you will probably need 12 quarts... Its what the MACHINE holds, not the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12