The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need more powrrrrrr cap'n

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

need more powrrrrrr cap'n

io was wondering if anyone makes spiked alternators for our cars for more power, last i checked i heard a company in ohio makes it from scratch and takes about 4 weeks, pricing aroun 5-6 bills.. any more extra info.. greatly appreciate it
    doing my thing, one mod at a time

Iraggi Alternators are said to be the best out there for output. I'm on an audio site and they swear by um. Just do a google search for Iraggi and you'll find something to contact them. $500 sounds about right.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

hi

what output does our alternator produce, and what does irragi produce? just want to know is there a major difference for 5 bills, though i know i will need one for al the stuff i am hauling

ipaintu
    why not just do as many do.. My buddy has to plug his car into a charger over night. He has it set up to where all he does is grabs the one plug ,plugs it into the other one and goes inside house.. Yes is a kinda pain but he runs like 4 batteries and has many amps.. He also uncapped his alternator so his volts are way up there.. But he still plugs it in 2 or 3 times aweek..

hi

but if you have a bigger amperage alternator, wouldnt it reduce the hassle of that?

wtf are you haulin around? and yes, the 500 would be worth it for an Iraggi alternator...SinSere is right...that guy is a God among the alternator world...check out the TermPro forums, SoundDomain, elitecaraudio, and some others...but if this is some BS about wanting more power for a couple 1000w sony amps...take it somewhere else, what kind of equipment you runnin? thats an important question i think...
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

that company u stated "ohio" is called "ohio genartors" and they suck balls, my cuz gota 00 infinti i30t and it cost i like 575 shipped..4 weeks my ass, shit took em 1 1/2 months every week they BS oh sir ,this certain ping or this nut which we didnt get, or this n that just BULLSHIT..and when he got it in 2 weeks ago, guess whatt..hes pullin low currents my shop ///m-tech did a test and the alternator is bad, so he sent it back,they said they have no clue whats wrong they'll rebuild him a new one for free,which they should but another 1 months+ i say even thought they say 4 weeks still..so my personal opionon stay away..
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

2 things..first i have 4 amps i think about 1000 watts or more each, 2 10' diamond audio subs, 8 6.5" component speakers, 6 diamond audio tweeters, 7 tft 7" tv's, 1 8" front mounted tv, crossovers, tuners, and hids..i think i really need a higher wattage alternator..

also, i have seen cars with a dual alternator setup, is this a special mod or can joe regular get this intalled without too much hassle

3rd for those knowleadgeable in mecp certifications, is syntec school of audio installation any good, reason being i got financed to buy my own audio stroe and i want to be more educated on the workings of the audio world before i invest in it, maybe do installs as needed in my store to be..thankx a lot

you dont need a better alty...and why would you have a supposed 4000w of power for just 2 10s? i really doubt diamond audio 10s require near that...you just need better wiring, and a yellow top...maybe two yellow tops...and if you EVEN think of buying a cap less than 15 farad...i'll e-kick you

and btw...REAL HIDs draw less current than halogen headlights sweetheart
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

hi

well i should consider myself kicked, as i have a 13.5 cap and i though it was the panacea to my power issues, will a higher watt alt also help?
    also, the red in the trunk for system and blue up top isnt a good setup? or i need more/better wiring??

redtops are good for STARTING the car (cranking amps) and the yellow and blue tops are deep cycle...extended periods of extra power without the engine running...and the blue tops are supposed to be for marine (boats) use...but yellow/blue for stereos...redtop for starting your car....

i dont know how many times i've said this...i ran 2 optimas in my galant, zero gauge wiring between them, an orion 2500d amp (2,[email protected] i ran it at 1ohm daily) a 400w directed amp, components, 6x9s, jvc headunit, stock alternator, and my lights NEVER dimmed...didnt do the stupid "big 3" either...only cap i'd EVER buy is "the CAP" by Alumapro...and it would be a 50 farad...

if you dont know the difference between the optima batteries...already have a 13 farad capacitor, 2 optima batteries...and STILL having charging issues? please don't open a shop...no offense bro
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net