The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coilover Question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28

Re: Coilovers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Krazy1Sinner)</div><div class='quotemain'>The last set i put on I had to cut the sleeve for some reason. It made the back of my car sit higher than the stock springs when the coilovers were at their lowest points. Some wierdness goin on....</div>

thats cuz you put them on wrong.</div>

Thanks for all your feedback. How could I have put them on wrong? I put the tall ones in the back and the short ones in the front. I got detailed instructions with my new kit and it was exactly how I put the old ones on. I had them checked out by an auto shop and they said they were installed correctly but who's to say. I trust you guys more than a shop.

you shouldnt have to cut anything except the bump stop,if even that i didnt even notice u said u cut the sleeve.and most auto shops dont kno much about aftermarket products even the places were u get aftermarket stuff dont kno much about anything unless it goes on a honda u gotta find out for your self
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Coilovers

ok, going to install them. Just to verify, short springs in the back, tall springs in the front? They came packaged the opposite because it said tall were for the rear and short were for the front. Sorry to sound stupid but I don't want to make any mistakes. Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Krazy1Sinner)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Krazy1Sinner)</div><div class='quotemain'>The last set i put on I had to cut the sleeve for some reason. It made the back of my car sit higher than the stock springs when the coilovers were at their lowest points. Some wierdness goin on....</div>

thats cuz you put them on wrong.</div>

Thanks for all your feedback. How could I have put them on wrong? I put the tall ones in the back and the short ones in the front. I got detailed instructions with my new kit and it was exactly how I put the old ones on. I had them checked out by an auto shop and they said they were installed correctly but who's to say. I trust you guys more than a shop.</div>

if the sleeve is on upside down, then the sleeve won't go all the way down. hence making the car higher.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Coilovers

Just got off the phone with the makers of the coilovers and they said I needed to take the bottom seat off of the rear strut. I did that now it is perfect all the way around. Thanks guy for all your help!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy1Sinner
    Now what engine can I convert my SOHC to a DOHC with? An older eclipse?

Quote Originally Posted by g-ridda
    no the 00 eclipse model search the forums youll learn a whole loy more about engines by searchin here
    actually your wrong. none of the 3g eclipse's came with DOHC motors. If you have an 8g, 4 cylinder you need to use an EVO 4-9 head. if you have a 7g, you need a 94 galant DOHC head, or a DSM 4G63T eclipse head.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy1Sinner

Quote Originally Posted by g-ridda
    no the 00 eclipse model search the forums youll learn a whole loy more about engines by searchin here
    actually your wrong. none of the 3g eclipse's came with DOHC motors. If you have an 8g, 4 cylinder you need to use an EVO 4-9 head. if you have a 7g, you need a 94 galant DOHC head, or a DSM 4G63T eclipse head.
    lol. its like the blind leading the blind. not you stewi 8)

Stewi wrote:
    Krazy1Sinner wrote:

g-ridda wrote:

lol. its like the blind leading the blind. not you stewi

lmao yea im not a engine man yet thats y i said search i was jus sayin that the 00 eclipse is compatible.
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12