The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: zero out camber?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

zero out camber?

once i get my new tires put on im gonna put the camber kits on as well.. they are adjustable so my question is should i have them zero out the camber? ive heard that some negative camber is actually good, but how much?

just tell them to keep alignment within factory specs. the specs are somwhere in the shop manual, but if they are a reputable shop they have easy access to those specs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    some negative camber is good if you're into taking turns at high rates of speed. regardless of how much suspension stiffening you do there will still be some flex, so some neg. camber is good. but ask yourself, how do you drive? unless you're always flying around turns just tell them to put it factory specs (may not be the same thing as 0 degrees camber)
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

factory allowables for front camber are:

min: -0.5
    nominal: 0.0
    max: +0.5

rear camber allowables:

min: -1.83
    nominal: -1.33
    max: -0.83
    2001 Mitsu Galant ES 4Cyl.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAGalant01)</div><div class='quotemain'>factory allowables for front camber are:

min: -0.5
    nominal: 0.0
    max: +0.5

rear camber allowables:

min: -1.83
    nominal: -1.33
    max: -0.83</div>
    Where are you getting those numbers from? My Mitsubishi shop manuals are different. I can't remember what mine says off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure for the rear +0.5 degrees to -1 degrees is within spec. I have mine set to about -1 degrees in the rear and I get no abnormal tire wear.

from the alignment machine printout from where i had mine checked to see what camber kit i will tet in the back.
    2001 Mitsu Galant ES 4Cyl.

Yeah, so I checked my Mitsubishi shop manuals and this is what it says:

Front
    Camber 0°00' ± 30' (Left/right deviation within 30')
    That basically means your front camber can be between -.5 degrees and +.5 degrees.

Rear
    Camber -1°00' ± 30' (Left/right deviation within 30')
    That means your rear camber can be between -.5 degrees and -1.5 degrees. So setting the rear camber to 0 would not be within specs.

So, I was wrong in what I posted a couple posts above.

Now, the odd thing is that in the online manual that I downloaded, it lists the specs for the rear camber differently:
    Camber −1°20' ± 30' (Difference between right and left within 30')
    That would be about what GAGalant01 posted for the rear.

camber shmamber
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!