The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: a question on brakes for Manybrew...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Tiller
    great new man... sound like we have a winner...

the Baer kit comes with a 2 piston cailper only and is designed to be used with the stock master cyclinder... so no need to upgrade / replace that...

now if you went for the Brembo then you would need to upgrade...

the Stoptech kit also allows the use of the stock MC, as they match their piston sizes to work specifically with the car...

thanks again...!

manybrews: found it but need just a little more info.

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    well, heres what i found.

i only used a 2000 v6 eclipse and 2000 v6 galant to check, but heres the deal....

they DO have the exact same calipers and rotors, with exact matching numbers.

however, it does appear that both the cars have new numbers for the calipers about mid-year. the good news is that both the new numbers matched also.

i have no idea what the difference is in the calipers, but rest assured they are identical.
    if you want more specific data, just post what you want and ill get it.
    manybrews: with the change of the calipers from twin-piston to single piston, can you tell me if there was also a change in the part numbers for the front knuckle where the caliper bolts on to? This would solidify my theories. Sorry but the old thread is no longer here.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Re: manybrews: found it but need just a little more info.

Quote Originally Posted by TJC
    manybrews: with the change of the calipers from twin-piston to single piston, can you tell me if there was also a change in the part numbers for the front knuckle where the caliper bolts on to? This would solidify my theories. Sorry but the old thread is no longer here.
    i dont think so.
    i dont know for sure, but it looks 100 percent identical.
    i cant check until monday, so you may wish to PM me for a reminder.

Thanks manybrews, will PM you to remind you. I also got the go ahead from StopTech to come in for a test fit to find out for sure too but that's going to have to wait until I get my wheels. Just can't fit those bad boys under the stock ones, hehe.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12