The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2005 LS 430 Hid Retro in progress **UPDATE WITH MORE PICS**

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    TGC Regular

2005 LS 430 Hid Retro in progress **UPDATE WITH MORE PICS**

Yesterday I got a good deal on a pair of 05 LS 430 Lexus headlights. I got the bulbs, projectors and ballasts. According to a lot of people these projectors are suppose to be very good with a very wide beam.

The problem is that to acheive this wide out, the projector uses a reflector below the projector. Now I was thinking about cutting this off, but I did some measurements and it seem with some good hacking I should be able to get it to fit. These are not my pics, but here is what they look like.

Wide beam

Projectors with reflector (ls430 projector on the left)

I will be doing some research, then I will attempt this monsterous feat this weekend. Wish me luck

**UPDATE**

I made a harness last night but it did'nt work. I think the wires were too long, so this morning I made a new one with shorter wires. This is the diagram I used for my harness

This is where I had the problem. In the diagram it is showing that pin 85 goes to the 12v pin on the stock harness. That wont work. The stock wiring is activated via a relay in the fuse box, so enough power was not being sent to the ballast. What I did was connect pin 85 to one of the low beam fuse, thus bypassing that stock relay.

Here are some pics

wow nice find and good luck. I want to do an HID Retrofit myself w/ maybe tsx projectors. If you get this to work we need to get up and do mine!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Good look man. Keep us posted.

TGC Regular
    Well if this works out, I will help any of the nyc members who want to do a retro for a small fee of course

Thanks guys

wus devrp im now in the process of retro fittin also man i cant wait tp get started :twisted:
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g-ridda)</div><div class='quotemain'>wus devrp im now in the process of retro fittin also man i cant wait tp get started :twisted:</div>
    Good luck man. What setup did you go with?

i have the audi valeo xenon projectors for now ill prolly make another with the tsx projectors later
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

TGC Regular
    oh man, thats gonna be sick, cant wait to see it when its done.

sorta OT: why do people like the tsx projectors soo much? are they just the cheapest around? i want them to, lol, but i didnt know they were such a popular choise.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh man, thats gonna be sick, cant wait to see it when its done.

sorta OT: why do people like the tsx projectors soo much? are they just the cheapest around? i want them to, lol, but i didnt know they were such a popular choise.</div>

Have you seen them?? Sexy as hell! That's the reason why I'd want em, sexiest headlights on the road IMO

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Have you seen them?? Sexy as hell! That's the reason why I'd want em, sexiest headlights on the road IMO</div>

make that 2

cardude u need to go straight to acura and tell them to turn them shits on doesnt matter if its night or day they still butta
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

TGC Regular
    I tested out my hids last night and they lit up. I was so excited. I'm having problem with my harness though. Once I get that fixed, I'll proceed with the retro.

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devgrp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tested out my hids last night and they lit up. I was so excited. I'm having problem with my harness though. Once I get that fixed, I'll proceed with the retro. Â*:D</div>

cant wait to see the final product man :twisted:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh man, thats gonna be sick, cant wait to see it when its done.

sorta OT: why do people like the tsx projectors soo much? are they just the cheapest around? i want them to, lol, but i didnt know they were such a popular choise.</div>

the car with the wide beam on the pics is a mercedes e-class, were u just showing what the beam was liek?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>the car with the wide beam on the pics is a mercedes e-class, were u just showing what the beam was liek?</div>
    Yeah