The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WTF!!!! MY G IS PISSING ME OFF

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

WTF!!!! MY G IS PISSING ME OFF

Ok so a lot of you know I just got my car back from a suspension overhaul. Well I havent had the fucking car for 24 hours and its back in the shop! I was on my way home today from work and I am cruisin along (about 70) all systems go. Well I decided to change lanes, but wwhen I stepped on the gas...very loud exhaust note like I am flooring it....only I am not! There was no power, the lifter tick got out of control and the car felt like it was misfiring. I limped the car to my friends shop and we checked it out. Compression was fine, plugs were fine, but the car sounded like shit! So long story short, the timing belt started to shred and it got caught in the teeth of the cam gear. Fucked up the timing and the car may be screwed! If I have to get an engine I am gonna fucking scream!!!! I swear, I cant affor a new car and I cant afford the one I have!!!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

DAAAAAAMMMMN! I'm so sorry man! Seriously I am freaking out for you here. That is way fucked up, if I say so! Ok, what are your choices? Can you afford another g? Can you get an engine swap?

theblackpearl
    i fucked up my g's timing when i first tried to change the belt, drove it all the way to LA on fucked up timing figured out how to fix it, then it fucked up again on the way back, finally got it right after a trip to LA and back on fucked up timing. my lifter tick wasnt out of control though and its still not out of the ordinary so i think my valves and shti are cool..you on the other hand im not sure dude.. good luck to you hope its all good..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNSerrano)</div><div class='quotemain'>DAAAAAAMMMMN! I'm so sorry man! Seriously I am freaking out for you here. That is way fucked up, if I say so! Ok, what are your choices? Can you afford another g? Can you get an engine swap?</div>

Well I aint gettin rid of the bitch! She just got the new underwear! I would say I will have to get a new engine if it comes to that. Plus I put a lot of time into this car...she is clean, drove me across country, I am attatched. Here she is...if you havent seen her

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...8027&highlight=

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Just buy a new head and get it but on. Or pay the 600or so it would cost to rebuild yours.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea man... Sounds to me as if you paid more for the suspension than you will a new motor so go for it. You will know what you have in the car. But im sorry to hear about that....

ok I got the estimate and the rebuilt head and valve job, new valves and lifters is 1900! Thats also assuming everything else in the engine is cool. Swap might be in the future

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>ok I got the estimate and the rebuilt head and valve job, new valves and lifters is 1900! Thats also assuming everything else in the engine is cool. Swap might be in the future</div>
    just get a junkyard motor and swap it in. much much cheaper

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I am just worried that its gonna be a problem! I dont wanna swap the auto cuz LA traffic is a bitch. I have been looking for a GST auto to pull from but no luck yet. I dont have a lot of time either which is driving me nuts!!!

Hi:

If you like this car (I do love mine, now im in a constant fight with my son for using it) if you can make some time, why dont get the parts, meet someone from a good machine shop and get the manual and rebuilt the engine yourself. Once you have the parts, the block is cut, clean and painted and the valves have been machined back to specs (or swap for a new head) it should take you about 4 days to get it working.

I did mine by renting a car for 3 months so I couldget to work, then ordered all the mitsu parts from various dealers (looking at a few for the lowest price for the same part) and then over a weekend put the engine back togheter, then 3 days to sort the new problems that I caused, because I cleaned the bay, painted the radiator, firewall etc.

I did a cheap rebuild, just the head when the car had 174K miles, then at 224 I ended doing the full right rebuild, now the car is at 250K a 18 year old driving it like a sports car should. and is going strong, If it last Im planning to paint it during sumer and do some adjustments. It might go over 300K miles, lets see.

95 Galant ES Kalapauna Black (or similar color due to gator skin).
    Auto - rebuilt at 212K.

I might get a long block and have the rest of my things put ont it. While everything is off I think I'll have it thoroughly cleaned. I need to get a CAI done too while I am at it