The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how much is a rebuilt titled 8g worth?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ

how much is a rebuilt titled 8g worth?

i know this kid that is trying to sell his 2000 white Galant with 42,000 miles on it. car has a rebuilt title, either from a theft or a flood

car is in pretty good condition. but how much is it worth?

How much is he selling it for?

Also, how much do you know about this car? If the price seems too good to be true, I'd Carfax it.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much is he selling it for?

Also, how much do you know about this car? Â*If the price seems too good to be true, I'd Carfax it.</div>

he told me $5,000. i told him he's out of his dam mind cuz its a bad title

id say $3k
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

$3k sounds around right... Remember Cali trying to sell his salvaged black galant? Took him forever, and his came with molded rear/side body kit, can't remember what he got, but I would pay maybe $3k, not even sure I would go that route because of what it went through.

Is it in good condition, meaning, drivable and such?

Like, if you looked at, drove and studied the car over, would you guess it had a salvage title?

You said it was in good condition so I don't know.

test drive test drive test drive

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

Yeah, if you can get him to take $3000, and it drives good, I'd say buy it man. That is, if you were actually looking to buy.

Ask him if he wants to trade for a silver 1997 with 140K miles

Hey, at least my title is clean.

i would NEVER buy a car with a salvaged title.

period.

Are you sure it's from a theft or a flood and not from an accident? I wouldn't mess with that car. The damn thing could have had like $5k or more worth of damage fixed on it, and who knows if it was fixed properly.

i wouldn't go near the car. the car probably has a buncha of costly surprises for the person who buys it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i repair bikes and sell them salvage title all the time and there is 100% nothing wrong with them.. i know a guy who bought a 2001 v6 galant for $2000... he spent the money fixed the door and the thing is like new.. never would hvae known anything.. jus a lil thing that says refubished on the title... not a big deal in my book...i would buy a car with a salvaged title anyday.. as long as it wasnt a 2005 2006... shits to complicated these days.. but 8g galants 1g 2g eclipses.. they easy..
    Yup my black 8G galant has a rag top! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/828401

Re: how much is a rebuilt titled 8g worth?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know this kid that is trying to sell his 2000 white Galant with 42,000 miles on it. car has a rebuilt title, either from a theft or a flood</div>

Would stay away from if it was a flood. No doubt about that. I wouldn't buy anything that had been flooded. Ask any professional who buys and sells cars for a living.

yea def stay away from flooded cars unless its a classic...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brainlessher0)</div><div class='quotemain'>i repair bikes and sell them salvage title all the time and there is 100% nothing wrong with them.. i know a guy who bought a 2001 v6 galant for $2000... he spent the money fixed the door and the thing is like new.. never would hvae known anything.. jus a lil thing that says refubished on the title... not a big deal in my book...i would buy a car with a salvaged title anyday.. as long as it wasnt a 2005 2006... shits to complicated these days.. but 8g galants 1g 2g eclipses.. they easy..</div>

that is a catastrophic mistake.
    The reason things are totalled? 'cause theres enough damage to them to exceed the cost of the car. Its not labor most of the time, but parts.

I garantee there your buddies galant is FAR from "like new", especially if someone actually inspected it. Gimme it, and Ill point out the thousands of cut corners and hacked together pieces that made it be totalled in the first place.

and flood cars? the worst of the worst. Why do you think scumbags illegally retitle flood/salvages cars in different states? because they're junk but people dont know any better.
    be involved in the industry for 15 years and you'll see the scummy side of it.

actually the guy who bought the galant has also done it with abotu 5 other cars... he had to replace 2 doors and repaint it and it passsed with flying colors...

but ne ways.. its his choice.. check out the car...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brainlessher0)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually the guy who bought the galant has also done it with abotu 5 other cars... he had to replace 2 doors and repaint it and it passsed with flying colors...

but ne ways.. its his choice.. check out the car...</div>

Some cars you can do that with, others you can't. It all depends what exactly happened to the car. And until we know, I don't think anyone can make a fair assesment.