The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mirror Turn Signals

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    glinx1

Mirror Turn Signals

Ok, I bought these turn signals for my side view mirrors. I got them off of ebay and I thought it was going to be stickers you stick on the mirror with the lights in them. Well, they are actually in a housing that stands a little less than a quarter inch off your mirror. I haven't installed them yet but had and looking for some ideas.
    First: Is it possible to take the mirror off, scratch off the mirror reflective surface from the back till i get just glass. This way, I can scratch off the same exact shape as the turn signal arrow and mount it from the back so that it is flush with the mirror. Is this possible?

Second: What if I cut out the shape of the arrow in the mirror, and mount down the turn signal in the hole. Would this work?

Third: Could i drill holes in the mirror just where the lights are and mount the signal from the back? So that when I use the turn signal, you will just see the light comming thru the holes. I mean I guess it would work that way, but then I'm gonna have holes in my mirror.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or does anyone have these turn signals mounted on top of the mirror? How does it look?

if the lights are bright enough and in the right shape, you could jsut put them behind the glass. the glass for the drivers mirror is kinda see thru. the passenger side ur gonna need to replace cuz thats not...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

errika

Mirror Lights

I just purchased those same lights, I have not received them yet. But I also got them off of E-bay. Are they going to be difficult to install? They looked like they were some kind of sticker. Please advise.

Thanks!
    Erika Salazar
    Brownsville, Texas
    "El Valle"

installation of the lights is pretty str8 forward. the hardest part i think would be the routing of the wire all the way to the turn signals...

glinx1
    I would have to agree with Pinoy.I haven't installed them yet, but it's a simple installation as far as the amount of work invovled. But the hard part is going to be to route the wire from the mirror housing thru the door and to the turn signal wiring. Not sure what method I will use to do it. I might have to take the mirror off just to be able to find the hole to route the wires. Unfortunately, they are not stickers. I was really hoping they were. I mean I hate to say it but this looks like a Pep Boys item found next to the reflective flame stickers that make your car go faster This is why I'm trying to find a way to install them behind the mirror so that it would look a lot more professional and quality looking. The potential for making them look good is there. They light up pretty bright and fortunately they fit the Galant mirror like if it was made for it. So if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know.

to get the wires from the mirror to the endinge bay, you gotta remove the door panel remove that lil triangluar piece by the mirror, remove the kick panel and remove fender liner. take the wire run it thru the door to that triangular piece was. then go down the door. be carefuly u don't want the window mechanism getting the wire caught up. then follow the rest of the wires thru the door. after that run the wires thru the kickpanel and push the wires with the rest of the wires thru the firewall and into the fender. then follow the wires til u can get to the turn signal

glinx1
    How do you remove the door panels? Is there any special tool I need? Or can I just pull them off? And is putting them back on a pain in the ass? I remember my last car was easy to remove the panels, but putting them back on to fit perfectly was damn near rocket science.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glinx1)</div><div class='quotemain'>How do you remove the door panels? Is there any special tool I need? Or can I just pull them off? And is putting them back on a pain in the ass? I remember my last car was easy to remove the panels, but putting them back on to fit perfectly was damn near rocket science.</div>

there are 5 screws. remove them. once you remove them, unclipse the door. removeunplug the switch panel and then take the panel off. 5 screws, one in the door hanle, one in the door pull, one near the front of the door and two in the back side of the door

I didn't have to remove the door panels to install these, I ran the wire through the fender. It was easy to wire. I have the directions of how to install them and wire them. I would like to make a tutorial of it, if I could. The lights DO NOT COME WITH DIRECTIONS(the only bad part), but they are very bright. They are kind of bulky when placed on the mirrors. The ideas of putting them behind the mirror would be the best choice. I'll try doing that in spring, but for now I have them on the mirror. I bought the amber ones in case someone was wondering.
    I had a 2001 Dover Pearl White Galant GTZ totaled it in 04

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1549311946

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2001MitsuGalantGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't have to remove the door panels to install these, I ran the wire through the fender. It was easy to wire. I have the directions of how to install them and wire them. I would like to make a tutorial of it, if I could. The lights DO NOT COME WITH DIRECTIONS(the only bad part), but they are very bright. They are kind of bulky when placed on the mirrors. The ideas of putting them behind the mirror would be the best choice. I'll try doing that in spring, but for now I have them on the mirror. I bought the amber ones in case someone was wondering.</div>

yes, please do a tutorial, and add pics if you could. send it to a mod to have put in the FAQ forum. that would be a great help, since there has been a lot of talk of these lately