The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ATTN: All Aftermarket Hood Owners

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

ATTN: All Aftermarket Hood Owners

I'm obviously am having problems with installing a hood...I've done search but have found 2 much help.....so all I would appreciate all replies!

When it doesnt sit flush it is obviously hitting the radiator cap - and each side of the strut tower....
    I've got 2 different responses. about the struttower...to shave it down...I wal slo told i could trim the hood from the underside to fit correctly.

Trimming the hood in the right places will also take care of the radiator....

Is this the only solution???

Thanks for any and all input...!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    could take off the strutbar

ill have the galant back from paint in a few days ill post pics of what i had to do to make it fit.. i am sure others have ideas too...

Psssssssssst Got Air???

EGALANT01
    what type of hood is it? also are you sure its rubbing the radiator cap? i have the monster hood and only had to end up moving the latch down a tad and latched with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by EGALANT01
    what type of hood is it? also are you sure its rubbing the radiator cap? i have the monster hood and only had to end up moving the latch down a tad and latched with no problems.
    errrr....there is no monster hood available anywhere:( ....i'm talkin about the evo hood

Thanks for the feeedback keep it up!

my oem cf hood i have to slam down like hell to get... cap is in the way.. but i took radiator cap off and it still has trouble closing... ive cut the struts and still does it...
    Diego

u might have to trim into the underside of the hood like i think im gonna have to

I got the evo hood with an freedom design sturt bar didnt i didnt shave anything and it sits perfect for me.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i have the erebuni evo hood al i did was cut around the strut towers and it sat flush all lines matched up and everything i also took off the 2 or so screws that hold the latch to the hood and put a small piece of 1/8 in plywood to give it a bit of an extension and as i said it fits flush

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    i have the erebuni evo hood al i did was cut around the strut towers and it sat flush all lines matched up and everything i also took off the 2 or so screws that hold the latch to the hood and put a small piece of 1/8 in plywood to give it a bit of an extension and as i said it fits flush
    yea that what i was told also to put in a spacer so the latch will fit better..

Any more input?...this will be a good post to send someone with alot of questions

I've never heard of any of the hoods hitting the radiator cap before. Mine doesn't hit it. My hood did hit the strut towers though. You do not want to modify or shave down the strut towers. The only option is to notch out the fiberglass frame of the hood. Check to see if the hood is hitting the hood prop. That was the reason why it wouldn't sit flush in the front. All I did was take the hood prop off and bang one of the bends flat, but if you get the Redline Tuning hood struts, you won't need to worry about that.

Here are some pics of what I cut out on my hood so it wouldn't hit the strut towers.

:shock: pictures are perfect!! thanks bro..very detailed
    lol - yea i'm sure its the radiator cap..i sprayed like windowcleaner on it to see what was hitting and it was the radiator cap...took it off the is when i noticed the strut towers rubbing....

Yup.. my FG Evo from Erebuni was cut.. my CF VIS fits without any modification.
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

hmm interesting...
    Has anyone noticed that the erebuni hood is different than the vis?..the erebuni side scoop is up higher...and the V lines are more defined...and it doesnt have an indention where the to main vents are...straight cut outs:)iilke it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02on19s)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm interesting...
    Has anyone noticed that the erebuni hood is different than the vis?..the erebuni Â*side scoop is up higher...and the V lines are more defined...and it doesnt have an indention where the to main vents are...straight cut outs:)iilke it</div>
    Yeah, the Erebuni one does differ from the VIS one. Actually, mine is a VIS, so I guess that's why yours hits the radiator cap and mine doesn't.

Don't forget the one that you can get from Jaspen which is a tad different too. Back when he said he was making a CF hood for the Galant, I tried to tell him not to do the Evo style because we can get them already and that he should do the monster style. :?

Here is Jaspen's hood.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    My VIS also hit the strut tower, I cut it the same way DANJ did.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02on19s)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm interesting...
    Has anyone noticed that the erebuni hood is different than the vis?..the erebuni Â*side scoop is up higher...and the V lines are more defined...and it doesnt have an indention where the to main vents are...straight cut outs:)iilke it</div>
    Yeah, the Erebuni one does differ from the VIS one. Actually, mine is a VIS, so I guess that's why yours hits the radiator cap and mine doesn't.

Don't forget the one that you can get from Jaspen which is a tad different too. Back when he said he was making a CF hood for the Galant, I tried to tell him not to do the Evo style because we can get them already and that he should do the monster style. :?

Here is Jaspen's hood.
    </div>
    how is the fitment of these hoods becausae there pretty cheap on ebay

hit's the same spots... radiator and strut towers, but still a damn good deal... i have one... sold my VIS and got his... way better quality... alot sturdier...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00gtz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02on19s)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm interesting...

Here is Jaspen's hood.
    </div>
    how is the fitment of these hoods becausae there pretty cheap on ebay</div>
    That's exactly what my evohood looks like...straight from erebuni - it is different a bit..i like it
    8)

JSTATL
    had trouble with mine until my home girl just pushed really hard on the front by the hood lock and it locked. This ticked me off because i had been working with the damn thing for about 2 hours with no luck. So just try pusihing it down really firmly and see what happens. At first it will seem like it is just not catching but keep pushing down it will catch.

Good luck