The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High rev... comment?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

High rev... comment?

hope this video works on u guys. my rev is too high, but i noticed i'm not wasting gas... i mean from san diego to vegas no gas refill. not like my lancer i have to stop at bakers to get gas... empty

http://media.putfile.com/110-mph-high-rev
    I'm selling my G

looks about right to me.
    i alreadry told you in another thread.
    its just gear ratio.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>bah

its all gear ratio.

if you motor is overpowered, underpowered, lugging along, if its running at 100%throttle, or completely closed throttle.

in each gear there is a direct correlation between engine speed and wheel speed.
    i.e.
    if you are going 50 mph in 4th gear, your engine speed will always be the same rpm.(except if you run smaller or larger diamter tires(or change the gearing in your tranny)

its all gear ratio,

and there is nothing wrong with your car.
    4 cylinder mitsu trannies have short gearing.</div>

think about it.
    if horsepower determined your engine speed at a certain mph,
    then i could have a 12,000 hp motor, and drive at 100mph at -3700rpms(yes negative)
    doesn't make sense does it.
    more power or less power will not effect your gear ratio.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

thanks... just want to make it's sure nothing will happen to my engine one of these days, especially I drive my g-ride back and forth to vegas.
    I'm selling my G

Yes, but RPMs do affect how much air is being sucked into your engine per minute (the more RPMs the more air, no question). And your car is tuned to a A/F ratio no? The more air your getting per minute the more fuel your getting per minute. RPMs, power, and speed are all related to each other.

If youre not getting bad mileage than don't worry about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xrs2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, but RPMs do affect how much air is being sucked into your engine per minute (the more RPMs the more air, no question). And your car is tuned to a A/F ratio no? The more air your getting per minute the more fuel your getting per minute. RPMs, power, and speed are all related to each other.

If youre not getting bad mileage than don't worry about it.</div>
    whatr you are saying isn't entirely relevant to this thread.
    and not entirely correct either.
    how much air your motot is injesting has a bit more to do with throttle angle than just rpm.
    i can be revving to 7500 rpms, and close my throttle and just ride it out.
    i won't be pulling in much more air than if i was closed throttle 2500 rpms.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I could be mistaken, but that does seem like he's revving a little high. On my way to school every day, I noticed that I do ~75-85 MPH at ~3K RPMs. So, I could imagine I do 110 at less than 5K.

Next time I punch it, I'll make a mental note. Like I said, I could very well be wrong.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

different 7g's may have differnt tire/wheel sizes to throw off your gear ratio and change the mph/rev numbers

even the same size tire, one's brand new, and one has little tread left will show a difference becuase the circumference has worn down

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ok guys here are my set-ups. 4" diam intake, 17" tires... check tire air pressures before i left LV, all are alright. all tires are new. TB cable, not that tight, normal. my rpm idle is 1K, should it be 600-700?
    I'm selling my G

i warm-idle around 800, sometimes a little lower... im clockin 3500 or so at 80-85. i rarely cruise over that thanks to lots of hills = places for cops to hide around here.

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>

my idle is between 500-700, 70-80mph my tach shows 3200-3500