The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: leather

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

leather

Does anyone know how to put in the little metal rings, that hold down the leather.

I am trying to put in my leather kit. I took out the bottem back seat and took offf the fabric and can not figuer out how those little rings go back in.

elieleb1303
    ur talkin bout the rings u have to snip off, right?
    u gotta go buy sum more of them and then sorta weave them through and then use pliers to close them up.
    becareful when ur puttin them on and off, cuz theyre sharp as hell.

are you able to buy pliers to put them in, like special pliers?

they're called hog ring pliers i believe nad many times they come with some rings. you can get some on ebay for fairly cheap

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The easiest way, is to go to walmart and go to their craft department, then look for a pack of needles, the one I used is curved and is real thick, then get some string that is black, it is what teens used to use to make the friend ship bracelets, any way you loop it around the wire in the cracks and connect the flap, once you have it at least three times real loose, pull real hard to tighten the string up and then double knot it. start from one of the corners, that is only for the inside though, you need the metal rings on the out side because it is going to be a stretch, do not try to leave it undone or it will poof up and not look right. This is mine.

[/url]
    Soldiers Lead the Way! HOOOAH

elieleb1303
    i just used those wire snipping pliers or whatever.
    and went to a hardware store n got a box of hog rings. theyre pretty cheap.

Yeah, hog rings are pretty cheap. Look for them at your mom and pops hardware store NOT homedepot/lowes. They should also have hog ring pliers. I was at homedepot and they didn't have a clue what i was talking about. If you have upholstery shops in your area, you might want to try calling em too. If you're gonna buy from ebay, try to get at least 200pcs or more. You're gonna need a lot.
    <a href="http://jayd.net" target="_blank">Ride With Me Home</a>

heres a picture of the one i used to do my leather...