The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help! Heater Not Working

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Help! Heater Not Working

:evil: ok I've read somewhere about the clicking noise that comes from the knob area.... This happen to me for a while but never did anything about it because It would only be on one setting...This afternoon I changed it from heater to AC... This evening I changed it from AC to Heater.....The noise was GONE...now my Heater don't blow hot air?? It seems like it's stuck on the ac mode but it's on Heater....

Any help will be much appreciated!

did you check your underhood fuses? and the fusible links too?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    did you check your underhood fuses? and the fusible links too?
    about to check the underhood fused right now..
    what are fusible links?

alright i checked under my hood and there is was a fuse out...the one to my gauges

fuse

its for lights it shows u

its for your corner lights i believe. turn on your parking lights and one side should be out.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    its for your corner lights i believe. turn on your parking lights and one side should be out.
    I replaced it and it was the gauge light

Now just worried about the heater

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I think that Mitsu should do a recall on this. Too many people are without heat in their G. Anyway 02on19 click this link.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...&highlight=heat

ipaintu
    dc convertor and a blowdrier..... Your welcome... np....

I member once in Dallas Texas The worst snow storm in YRS hit and Boiler went out. I had to snuggle under a blanket with a blowdrier to stay warm.. I think it saved my life really...

Ok back on subject....

Check Skylines post he is right...

j686m
    mine is doing the same thing, turn your heat on with the car running and pull you glove box down,then fish a long skinny screw driver up there and hit that actuator that is pictured in the link above, it should start moving and open the valve. its a bitch to get to, its behind a small black ecu(imobilizer?) that will get you by till you get it fixed.

TGC Regular
    I just took apart my lower dash and I cant seem to find that damn motor. I even printed the picture as reference and I still could'nt find it. I have a 99 G. You guys think it might be in a different location for the different years?

I did'nt realize that the dash was so easy to come off. Once I figure out where this thing is I'm gonna try and fix it myself.

j686m
    take a pic of your glove box area disassembled, maybe we can point it out.

the heater shut off motor was not on the 99s.
    if you have heater problems on a 99, its not due to a failing heater shut off motor. more likely your low on coolant, or have a massive air bubble in your cooling system (very common... it takes half an hour to properly bleed the cooling system).

TGC Regular
    I have enough coolant so it must be that air bubble. How would wpuld I go about fixing that?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devgrp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have enough coolant so it must be that air bubble. How would wpuld I go about fixing that?</div>

The only thing that I can think of is draing the system by way of one of those coolant drain systems. Manhatten Car Wash & Oil has the machine to do it and relatively cheap too

you need a radiator funnel, and a good 30 minutes of bleed time.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>you need a radiator funnel, and a good 30 minutes of bleed time.</div>What is a radiator funnel? and how do I bleed it?

Importemptress
    Thanks this "search" also helped me too. I just tore appart my dash lastnight while it was freezing cold BUT i got it going again, until i replace the part that is. Thanks Guys!