The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2nd Gen JDM Taillights HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Kenjuro

2nd Gen JDM Taillights HELP!!!!!!!!!!

SO I just got my Taillights in the mail and now i have no clue what Sockets Ill need so I dont have to make the holes Bigger, I went to auto zone and they had no clue of what JDM was, so they were no Help, what was easier for you guys that have this MOD? making the wholos bigger and using the USDM harness or or changing the sockets and bulbs, also, if I do the making the wholes bigger thing, which one will be the one without a Bulb?

Thanks

Did you get your tails with the JDM harness?

If you didn't get a harness, just pick up an 1157 socket from a local auto shop if you don't have the harness and splice it into your existing harness, then dremel out the hold a bit to get the socket to fit.

I used this one:

I'll try and find my JDM tails install tutorial and repost it as the original was lost in the Galant Forums switchover.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    PM PinoyesV6, he's selling custom sockets for JDM tails

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>PM PinoyesV6, he's selling custom sockets for JDM tails</div>

Yeah, I just bought the harness he's selling, and it's plug and play I believe. All you would have to do is modify the socket. PM when you get a chance.
    **<<President's Day..SALE!!!>>**
    Mike

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bglocc)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>PM PinoyesV6, he's selling custom sockets for JDM tails</div>

Yeah, I just bought the harness he's selling, and it's plug and play I believe. All you would have to do is modify the socket. PM when you get a chance.
    **<<President's Day..SALE!!!>>**</div>

you don't have to modify the socket. all you need to do is A. put in bulbs. and then B, enlarge the holes in the jdm tails to fit the usdm bulbs.

but yea, if anyone is interested, i am offering a service to modify your harnesses if you want, I know bglocc can vouch for my work once he recieves his harness.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Kenjuro
    Where would that 4th socket go? on the long White part of the Taillight?
    or on a brake light?

Kenjuro
    Well guys.

I just got done installing the taillights, Thanks for all the help.
    all though I dont know what was up with my Taillights, cause all the sockets of the US harness fitted, well only the blinker socket needed a little sanding on the taillight, the other 2 fit like a glove, I put siliconeon them to make sure no water got in in case there was a little bit of a gap.

But now my car looks different.
    Thanks for all the Help Again.