The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which ones are best???

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Which ones are best???

Okay guys, I have 124000 miles on my 8G and I am not sure if my struts and shocks are bad. I am about to get a set of 18" Alba Blaze for my car. Sooner or later I will have to change them. Can ya'll give me some helpful hints? I once heard that KYB gives a bad ride. What do you guys think?????

TGC Regular
    Well.. lmao. I have kyb agx adjustables and its a bit bouncey..
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    It depends on what type of ride that your looking to achieve. If you want something just a little stiffer than stock then I say that Eibach's and KYB GR-2 is a good way to go. But if your looking for a more stiffer ride then Teins and KYB AGX, is a no brainer. But if money is not an option the Teins full coilover system is the ultimate.

TGC Regular
    tru
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

"what's the best?"

JIC MAGIC FLT-A2

...but those cost about $2000 installed.

for what u want (to replace your stock shocks and lower the car a little) ante up and get the TEIN BASIC coilovers. they are non-adjustable for dampening but are ride height adjustable. and should do everything u need. i'm assuming your not really worried about dampening rates and handling since you are getting ALBA wheels. the whole suspensiopn setup w/ install should run you less than $1000. the next step down is lowering springs and KYB AGX which will run you about $750 installed.

next time you ask what is the best, you need to qualify the question.

TGC Regular
    believe this man..
    otherwise he'll argue you to the ground lmao!
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan
    believe this man..
    otherwise he'll argue you to the ground lmao!
    hehe. but don't i always give good advice?

Stay away from Kyb Agx's if you're going to be lowered more than 1.5 inches. They're specifically made for stock height so dropping your car will eventually ruin them and will make your car bouncy. I'm at the stiffest(4) setting for a year now and its ride quality, the stiffeness deteriorates day by day. Probably the only good thing about the quality of my agx's is that they last a lot longer(~4yrs) than my oem ones(8months) before they get bouncy. Save up for a true coilover setup and you will NOT regret at the end! :x

Quote Originally Posted by icEbErg629
    Stay away from Kyb Agx's if you're going to be lowered more than 1.5 inches. They're specifically made for stock height so dropping your car will eventually ruin them and will make your car bouncy. I'm at the stiffest(4) setting for a year now and its ride quality, the stiffeness deteriorates day by day. Probably the only good thing about the quality of my agx's is that they last a lot longer(~4yrs) than my oem ones(8months) before they get bouncy. Save up for a true coilover setup and you will NOT regret at the end! :x
    Coilovers wear out also. I removed a set of broken coilovers off a 2001 Subaru WRX. We installed a nice set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs to keep the lowered look that the customer wanted.

But the point was that ALL struts, shocks, coilovers will wear. Though you are right a built coilover setup like Tein or JIC is the best bet for a quality ride and a lowered appearence.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Fine, i'll be the first one to say it...

Try searching before asking...Rule of thumb is...uless you're the first one doing a project, it's been discussed before. LOT"S OF TIMES.

Here you go...CLICK HERE Seems like your question was more of a suspension question than a wheels question.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by icEbErg629
    Coilovers wear out also. I removed a set of broken coilovers off a 2001 Subaru WRX. We installed a nice set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs to keep the lowered look that the customer wanted.

But the point was that ALL struts, shocks, coilovers will wear. Though you are right a built coilover setup like Tein or JIC is the best bet for a quality ride and a lowered appearence.
    RED is right. they all will wear out. but keep in mind that full coilovers (not merely adjustable springs, which are sometimes called coilvers) have shortened body dampers which are made to handle lowering so that they still will offer full travel and will far outlast full length dampers on a lowered car.