The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wiring Diagram(please help)!!!!!!!1

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    glinx1

Wiring Diagram(please help)!!!!!!!1

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for a 2000 Galant I4? Better yet, does anyone know how I can find the wires or the flashers for the turn signals? I wanna hook up my mirror turn signals but I don't know where to find the wiring or the flashers. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I checked under the tutorials and there was a guide there for the Galant, but I couldn't get any of the pages to open.

the wires are right there on the socket. one of the wires is ground. one is constant on, the low filiment for parking and then the other one is the high or the one for turn signal etc

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

glinx1
    Pinoy, what socket? So far I have the signals on the mirror with the wires going from behind the triangle piece behind the mirror. Running the wires from there is no problem. But where I run the wires to is what I'm trying to find out. I'm not sure if I know what socket you are talking about and where I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by glinx1
    Pinoy, what socket? So far I have the signals on the mirror with the wires going from behind the triangle piece behind the mirror. Running the wires from there is no problem. But where I run the wires to is what I'm trying to find out. I'm not sure if I know what socket you are talking about and where I can find it.
    u know...where ur turn signal is? ur OEM one. yea taht one. its a flashing bulb and that bulb is plugged into a socket adn that socket is connected to some wires. yea those wires

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

glinx1
    Ok, so basically, I have to pull my insturment cluster out like I did when I installed my indiglo's? Is that how I get to the bulb and socket? Sorry for my ignorance of this. But I just want to make sure I'm doing this right

No No...allan is telling you to route the wire all the way through the fender and connect directly to the bulb socket for your turn signal. That's definately one way to do it, but you'll have to remove the wheel and the inner fender cover to get to the wire route. There's a post in here Click Click that has a link to the service manual. It should have wiring diagrams. You can probably find the turn signal wire under the dash but it's gonna be a bitch. And don't worry about too many questions. That's how we all learn.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

glinx1
    Thank you so much for your help. I understand it now. I just wish someone would post a tutorial. Thanks again you guys