The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Project TGC: Turbocharged Bong - development stage

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

Project TGC: Turbocharged Bong - development stage

After much discussion, jet black and i have concluded that a turbocharged bong is not only possible, but very efficient and practical. this thread will be for the development and discussion of how to build a turbocharged water pipe.

my method: get a shop vacuum and switch it to reverse so it blows out instead of sucking in. hook it up to the exhaust housing inlet. for added power, another vacuum can be hooked up to the outlet on standard suck mode.

a custom tank would need to be made with a hose connected to the compressor inlet. a standard water bong contraption would be made here. as for the compressor outlet, it would need to get vented into a bag (kind of like a volcano vaporizer for you smokers) so the bag could start off completely empty but expand as the smoke filled it. if you hooked it straight into a chamber it would just explode without any means of venting.

pull the quick release on the the compressor outlet and put mouth to the bag. enjoy.

i dont know if a shop vac is powerfull enough to get any meaningfull "boost" out of the turbo, but oil and coolant lines would probably still need to be hooked up....maybe not coolant, but oil for sure.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    hahahahaha, i could totally see you two just sitting there taking hits and discussing all of it, ganesh would really get into it, start making some diagrams and stuff, lol

why dont you come help us, we need your russian engineering expertise. maybe you can figure out a way to make it nuclear. or we can make a pipe out of a manora

hahahahaha

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ipaintu
    they allready make a turbocharged bong.. See powerhitters...

powerhitters?....link?
    -Travis

My Car

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    y'all need Jesus in your life.

theblackpearl
    all this is going to do is waste your weed...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>y'all need Jesus in your life.</div>

ditto to that lol

ipaintu
    oh I dont smoke weed dont get me wrong. I havent smoked in long time. You grow out of it when you get older..

powerhitter is a bongish pipe with a little air motor on it you hit button and air pumps the bowl and shots out to the person. Its shots so hard you can hold it and let person in rear seats of car hit it... about 12 inch stream.... I will look it up for you.

http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/MISP39.html

haha that looks pretty brutal. for those of you that think we were SERIOUS about making a turbocharged bong i just want to talk about the theory of it and see what ideas everyone can bring to the table

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member

Rough outline, i'm sure we can improve on this.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha that looks pretty brutal. for those of you that think we were SERIOUS about making a turbocharged bong i just want to talk about the theory of it and see what ideas everyone can bring to the table</div>

From one stoner to another..... <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>GREAT</span> :idea:

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

HAHAHAHAHA! omfg rolf. Good thinking guys. Once we get the outline made im sure this thing will be way better than powerhitters. seriously what kinda gay name is that.

Im still laughing about the last meet we where everyone got mysteriously high from the hooka.

Experienced TGC Member
    Alright, so far the biggest challenge we face is the fact that we cannot inhale pressurised air/smoke. I mean even if we got the turbo to spool up and compress the air into a contianer, taking a hit of high pressure smoke might not be such a good idea. Just to refferance, it takes only about 5psi for house to implode. I'm not sure how much pressure out lungs can take (possibly quite a bit more, since they are elastic).

BUT what this will achieve is that it can effictvly annihilate ANY sized bowl (even if we decide not to compress it). Thats really the idea behind this.

Hmmm lets think in terms of gravity bongs + turbo...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NelsonC)</div><div class='quotemain'>HAHAHAHAHA! omfg rolf. Good thinking guys. Once we get the outline made im sure this thing will be way better than powerhitters. seriously what kinda gay name is that.

Im still laughing about the last meet we where everyone got mysteriously high from the hooka. </div>

Hahahahahahahaha

Yep that was the best tobbacco in the world.

You could use a small motor like one used in an rc car to spin the turbo instead of a vaccum. Or a dremel motor.
    Some of those spin 12- 25- 30K rpm.
    Beats having all the vaccum cleaner noise.
    Just bzzzzz and turbo spool!

A double ended compressor outlet would help.
    Put your finger over one tube to regulate how much KGBpsi you get in you so you don't get popped like a balloon.
    Let it vent just like a water hose with your finger on it.
    Just like a carb on a "run of the mill" set up.

That covers the rpm you need and how to not explode.
    Just use a small turbo, like a 9b. 30K should be enough to get a couple psi out of a smaller turbo.

Or get this run a check valve inline with your "intake" so it will bleed off lung bustin pressures. And just recirc that back in so you lose no "air"

You need to make this idiot proof. Cause chances are, halfway thru, you're going to be an idiot. And then act like test subjects.
    "turn up the motor dude, I can take it... "

You could use a feed tapped to a small resoirvoir the size of maybe a small catch can and just plumb it to the drain. It would just circulate the oil in a circle.

One more thing, Make sure its got good bearings. You do NOT need to be inhaling pressurized smoke AND OIL. You will DIE, or get sick.

Be careful, I know you Peano, you'll actually do this...

Quote Originally Posted by ipaintu
    oh I dont smoke weed dont get me wrong. I havent smoked in long time. You grow out of it when you get older..

powerhitter is a bongish pipe with a little air motor on it you hit button and air pumps the bowl and shots out to the person. Its shots so hard you can hold it and let person in rear seats of car hit it... about 12 inch stream.... I will look it up for you.

http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/MISP39.html
    I made one a few years ago with the same vac It was INSANE!!! rofl

Back during the good ol' days I made a steamroller that was shotgunned by a hit of Nitrous :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: double buzz

I never tried it cause I don't (and didn't) smoke but all of my friends loved it.

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8