The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eclipse engine

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Eclipse engine

Hi does anyone know what year eclipse engine will just "bolt on" to my 8g motor mounts with no modifications?
    Replys are greatly appreciated

Re: Eclipse engine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ESR2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi does anyone know what year eclipse engine will just "bolt on" to my 8g motor mounts with no modifications?
    Replys are greatly appreciated</div>

The 8G Galant and 3G Eclipse have the same engine.

What year Eclipse Engine were you wanting to use?

TGC Regular

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>

What year Eclipse Engine were you wanting to use?</div>

Yeah, what he said. And in case you don't know what years each generation started:

Eighth Generation Galant (8G): 1999-2004
    Third Generation Eclipse (3G): 2000-2005

The only problem that you may run into, that I've heard of, is the 1999 Galant V6 engine/tranny is slightly different than the 2000+. This is why I currently don't have a running A/C unit, due to the compressor was only used on that year's engine. Also on the 1999 tranny has an external top mounted filter, that looks similar to an oil filter. I'm not sure how many other year models had this feature.

Tearstone

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BIGMONEYDAY)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>

What year Eclipse Engine were you wanting to use?</div>

Yeah, what he said. And in case you don't know what years each generation started:

The only problem that you may run into, that I've heard of, is the 1999 Galant V6 engine/tranny is slightly different than the 2000+. This is why I currently don't have a running A/C unit, due to the compressor was only used on that year's engine. Also on the 1999 tranny has an external top mounted filter, that looks similar to an oil filter. I'm not sure how many other year models had this feature.</div>

Yeah I noticed that with my buddies 99 GTZ. On the tranny in my car it looks like I should have a filter one spot whereas his actually does. The block and heads should still be the same, but as Bigmoneyday said the accesory brackets bight be a little off.

Tearstone
    Another thought to add to this. One of our members has a 3G that was one of the first ones built for the 2000 model year and he had a pulley bolted to his A/C bracket for no good reason. After midway through the first production year they simply removed the pulley... but I bet that has something to do with the A/C situation. If anyone needs this pulley for their 99, I have it sitting on a shelf in my garage.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ESR2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi does anyone know what year eclipse engine will just "bolt on" to my 8g motor mounts with no modifications?
    :laughing: roflmfao sorry that made my day.

why do you want to put an eclipse motor in your galant (they are basically the same engine so there would be no added power or anything like that)?

Maybe his blew up and is looking for any replacement he can get. Or he was thinking he could bolt a turbo 2gen motor in there.

Or maybe he wants the V6 ,because he doesnt know about the 4g63t :twisted:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gravy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Or maybe he wants the V6 ,because he doesnt know about the 4g63t :twisted:</div>

going from i4 to v6 w/ a swap is not cost effective. might as well just trade in the entire car for a v6 version.

if its the v6 the drivers side, wheel well mount is different. The one circled in red is the munt you will need from the v6 5spd

No i want to do a tranny conversion to 5spd i was wondering if the trannys would fit also because if it does i might as well buy the engine and tranny together but i dont want a v6 i want to keep it 4 cylinder plus i want an extra engine to hop up on an engine stand till i get ready to put it in cuz my auto tranny is messed up so i figured if i need to get a new tranny might as well convert it to something i like right?

Topic HiJack

Does anyone know if the cigerette lighter from an eclipse will fit in my Galant? I need the extra HP.
    Love,
    Matt

Tearstone
    Quote Originally Posted by 8gV65spd
    if its the v6 the drivers side, wheel well mount is different. The one circled in red is the munt you will need from the v6 5spd
    [/URL]
    This is true, but if your not doing a tranny swap or if you did a Sporty swap it would still use the same mount you have now.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Topic HiJack

Does anyone know if the cigerette lighter from an eclipse will fit in my Galant? I need the extra HP.
    i also noticed it's not burning my cig enough! group buy??

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1

What year Eclipse Engine were you wanting to use?

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>8G: 1999-2003</span>

TGC Regular
    Opps..sorry about that. Got a little happy on the last year.

The 3G Eclipse engine is exactly the same 4G64 engine your Galant has. Don't bother swapping unless your original engine is blown very badly. (If it's not very badly damaged, you might as well take this chance to build it up and maybe turbo it.)