The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Heads Question

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

JDM Heads Question

I finally got around to looking at my JDM Heads. I got the H7 and H1 bulbs to put in there, but is seems like there is nothing to hold them in there. Like a socket or soemthing. Just a small shitty metal clip thing, that lets them rattle around and be real loose.

Perhaps I am missing some peices...

that's all you need for your JDM Heads bulbs...
    That little Metal thing next to the bulbs... you put the bulbs in.. and that metal clips into something to hold the bulbs in...

Re: JDM Heads Question

Quote Originally Posted by Xrs2
    I finally got around to looking at my JDM Heads. I got the H7 and H1 bulbs to put in there, but is seems like there is nothing to hold them in there. Like a socket or soemthing. Just a small shitty metal clip thing, that lets them rattle around and be real loose.

Perhaps I am missing some peices...
    A lot of us are missing the rubber piece where the bulbs plug into, and where the harness plug into on the other side of that piece. It should've came with the JDM heads but I don't know what happened. I'm still in the lookout for a set. :twisted:

Here's the pieces we're missing! Maybe Triggermauve can get them, but shipping will kill you. I'll just have someone bring me some from Asia.

Proto
    glad mine had them. you know the 7g ones will fit also..

Why can't youjust use the ones from the usdm headlight?
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cntrylvr79)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why can't youjust use the ones from the usdm headlight?</div>

My question exactly.

I have the rubber things, I'm talking where the actual metal lip on the bulb meets the housing. There is that little ghetto clip, but it holds them for shit on mine. They move around alot.

I thought maybe I was missing some peices or something.

edit, and if you didnt have the rubber things, you couldnt use them from the usdm heads, bc you would be missin 2.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cntrylvr79)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why can't youjust use the ones from the usdm headlight?</div>

My question exactly.</div>

I'm referring to the middle piece, not the round rubber cover. USDM ones don't have that middle piece, and they're H4 not H7/H1 like the JDMs.

ahhh i just got mine, i got those with mine
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

icEbErg629 is talking about the lil adaptor piece that goes on the bulb. if you look at that picture for the jdm heads you'll see that there are two prongs there for the bulb. but if you look at the h1 bulb for example there is only one prong on the bulb itself.

if you can get a list of cars that use the same h1/h7 setup maybe you can go to the junkyard and get the piece there. i know for example my friend's 5th gen prelude has the same setup with the lil adaptor piece, maybe that can work for you.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.