The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will these fit or not!!!!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    MitsuRacer185

Will these fit or not!!!!

I need to know whether these rims will fit or not. The website says they wont but i think that they will. They are Enkei RS6 18"x7". The bolt pattern is 5/114.3 & 5/100. The offset is 38mm. If anyone knows whether or not they will fit or not, please let me know. Thanks alot.

that sounds about right./....I think
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Everything sounds cool except the offset. A 38mm offset will cause fender rub in the rear if you are dropped. I have 18's with a 42mm offset and a 1.8" drop in the rear which causes occaisional fender rubbing...so, 38mm offset will be even worse. Now, if you don't drop at all in the rear or only like an inch, you should be alright.

I got a 35 offset on my 18s and no rub with a progress 1.8inch drop

2001 Galant ES

They'll work. I have 18 x 7.5 +40 offset wheels. 2mm will not make a difference when the wheel is only 7" wide. If it was a 18 x 8 or 18 x 8.5 at +38, then you'll have a problem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got a 35 offset on my 18s and no rub with a progress 1.8inch drop</div>

Are you sure? I looked into getting the MR7's in 18" and they only come with a 40mm offset. But even with a 40mm offset and a 1.8" drop in the rear, I can't see how you don't rub at least once in a while like I do? The only difference that I can think of is that I have the KYB AGX shocks in the rear. Hmmm... I wonder if the DBA rotors that I have are like 1 or 2 mm thicker than stock, causing the wheels to sit out further or something?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>They'll work. Â*I have 18 x 7.5 +40 offset wheels. Â*2mm will not make a difference when the wheel is only 7" wide. Â*If it was a 18 x 8 or 18 x 8.5 at +38, then you'll have a problem.</div>

Huh? Your old rims were 18 x 7 with a 42mm offset like mine are, you have the same drop as me, and you also rubbed in the rear like me. But now, you have wider rims with an offset that sticks the wheel out 2mm further and you don't rub!? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJaYdEeOnE
    I got a 35 offset on my 18s and no rub with a progress 1.8inch drop
    Are you sure? I looked into getting the MR7's in 18" and they only come with a 40mm offset. But even with a 40mm offset and a 1.8" drop in the rear, I can't see how you don't rub at least once in a while like I do? The only difference that I can think of is that I have the KYB AGX shocks in the rear. Hmmm... I wonder if the DBA rotors that I have are like 1 or 2 mm thicker than stock, causing the wheels to sit out further or something?
    thats what I got Motegi Mr7s...in 18s...Im pretty sure the offset is 35 I might be wrong though...I'll check it out...

2001 Galant ES

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>They'll work. Â*I have 18 x 7.5 +40 offset wheels. Â*2mm will not make a difference when the wheel is only 7" wide. Â*If it was a 18 x 8 or 18 x 8.5 at +38, then you'll have a problem.</div>

Huh? Your old rims were 18 x 7 with a 42mm offset like mine are, you have the same drop as me, and you also rubbed in the rear like me. But now, you have wider rims with an offset that sticks the wheel out 2mm further and you don't rub!? I don't get it.</div>

My Racing Harts were 18 x 8 +42. The Velox's are 18 x 7.5 +40.

also my camber seems a lil off in the back...you can prolly see it in my avatar...maybe that's why I don't rub, the bottoms stick out further the tops of the wheels...

2001 Galant ES

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>also my camber seems a lil off in the back...you can prolly see it in my avatar...maybe that's why I don't rub, the bottoms stick out further the tops of the wheels...</div>

Aha! I think that's it, because I fixed my camber with a camber kit. I bet any money that is why I rub slightly and you guys don't. Stupid camber kit!