The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual Exhaust??

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Hyperactive Galant GTZ

Dual Exhaust??

I was thinkin about doing a dual exhaust install on my 8g. Is it even possible to have 2 mufflers (one on each side?) Let me know

Yea you can do it. The easiest way is to run a Y pipe off your cat and split the exhast there. You'll have to cut a hole in your bumper for the extra muffler, and you may have some difficulty with the sound being equal. But anything is possible with enough bones.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

there are 3 "proper" ways to do a dual exhaust.

the first way is a full true dual. each bank of headers has its own exhaust. an X-pipe or something is put somewhere in the middle to help equalize the sound. the i4's have to have a special custom header if they want a tru dual. pure waste of money IMO

the second way is the cat back dual. which is pretty much what chip said

and the third way is the axle back. just before the rear crossmember, a y pipe is put on and that leads to the mufflers.

a few things you got to consider though. first of all like chip said the bumper, you gotta cut out the bumper. chances are imma buy a spare bumper and just take a hand saw to it. i know its FUGLY but we'll make it pretty when we make my custom kit.

secondly is over or under the rear cross member. uhm going over is a lil bit more expensive a lil bit more restrictive (lots of tight bends), but it protects your pipe from damage from debris and crushing unlike going under.

thridly is your muffler. think about the sound of a galant with a regular cat back. the sound. now think about how it would sound with double the pipe and two mufflers. its gonna be louder, so u gotta choose a muffler that is gonna be to your tastes...

o yea i got quoted 300 dollars for my dual catback. the quote was for allumized steel pipe, mandrel bent, and went over the cross member, and included the muffler install. i supply my own muffler. but my actualy price is gonna be lower since i want to go under the rear cross member (cheaper and i won't lower the car)

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    Hey guys didnt wana bother takin up space with starting another post so i thought id just jump on this one since its somewhat related to what im lookin for so here i go... well with winter coming im starting to stock pile my parts so that i can dump them all on at once come spring that ive wanted to get for a while starting with a good muffler so any recomendations? i mean a GOOD muffler i like the Torch-blued Titanium Tip look

something along those lines...

thats probably my #1 choice if its "doable" price is not too much a option not much into the carbon fiber exhaust i wanted to get either a apexi or hks so any idea's or recomendations? thanx in advance for your time

ps: i know not too much about exausts at all as im sure you can tell by this noobish post lol
    - Atba

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey guys didnt wana bother takin up space with starting another post so i thought id just jump on this one since its somewhat related to what im lookin for so here i go... well with winter coming im starting to stock pile my parts so that i can dump them all on at once come spring that ive wanted to get for a while starting with a good muffler so any recomendations? i mean a GOOD muffler i like the Torch-blued Titanium Tip look
    something along those lines...
    thats probably my #1 choice if its "doable" price is not too much a option not much into the carbon fiber exhaust i wanted to get either a apexi or hks so any idea's or recomendations?</div>

ac revolution makes a titanium muffler. the regular mufflers give out a good sound i believe it should give out a similar output. uhm check out ebay, they have em once in a while.

o yea aobut the dual, i think an oval style muffler would be better than a canister type just because the canister type tends to be louder than the oval type muffler

TGC Regular
    ya i saw the ac revolution one but like i said im realy lookin for either hks or apexi as my frist choices so that apexi one wouldnt work huh?
    - Atba

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>ya i saw the ac revolution one but like i said im realy lookin for either hks or apexi as my frist choices so that apexi one wouldnt work huh?</div>
    if its a universal muffler it would work. the only reason is recommended the ac mufflers is because u said u weer looking @ price. the regular n1 muffler is priced around the 200 dollar mark. add titanium and thats a pretty expensive muffler. i mean if u wanna spend that kinda money, props to u.

TGC Regular
    ya i want the best of the best stuff and imo i realy like that exhaust i need to find out if its universal so if anyone knows PLEASE let me know if it is ill order it right now lol i say paying a little something extra for somethign good is worth it also here's a noob question whats the diff between universal mufflers and one's specialy made for diff cars if its just a muffler that is i can understand about catbacks but just mufflers with my luck its most probably not a universal so there's no way to get a non universal muffler for the car its not intneded to ?

ps pinoy thanx for the speedy responses its like a im chat at this board lol
    - Atba

i did some research and i found it that the titanium mufflers as of now are j-spec. i dunno if they are out on the market yet or even if they will be released to the US but as of now, the japanese apex site has em. i did look up the prices for some mufflers, the apex would most likely be the lesser in prices with the hks. uhm another muffler you might want to consider is the JIC. http://speedracerparts.com/jictituncanm.html i know its on the prices side but yea it looks like a nice muffler. also contact the people @ that site, their one of the vendors for TGC or at least they tried to "hook" us up

TGC Regular
    Damn i swear i have the worst luck on planet earth i was REALY feelin that muffler too :cry: just my luck i swear but ill probably just put it on the backburner and get it last see if anything happends this winter with those mufflers maybe god will throw me a bone (probably not)..... But anyone know why therye not available stateside? was REALY feelin that muffler somethign to do with emissions? hell id ever go as far as to impot the damn thing
    - Atba