The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight Blubs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39

here is a pic of Silverstar headlight and Regular fog light

however, i seen some Silverstars that are really bright like this WHITE!

so are you saying that silverstars are a better investment then HID? cause i have a warranty on mine, but i mean if the warranty doesnt cover whatever happened to them, should i just get them or are there other bulbs that are better than Silverstars?

when used correctly, hid's are better than the silverstars.

two big downsides to hid's. price. and well aftermarket hid's are illegal where as silverstars are legal.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yeah i can agree with the fact that they are both better and illegal haha, but i thought that as long as they aren't like blue or anything, then its okay... hmm i c. well nevertheless good info to know.

I would take my HID over silverstars any day, but If I did not have HIDs I would go with the Silverstars. I think you will like them if you try them.They give off a nice white light that looks pretty nice.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

i bet they are really nice,and yeah i agree with having HID's also. the best part about having my HID's is that i've been in parking lots and people with other Galants have asked me if i bought my Galant with that option. haha. i have the urge to lie and say yeah, but i tell them the truth. but how much do the H4 silverstars run?

All Silverstar bulbs go for anywhere from $25-$40. They're expensive, but bright. Not the whitest bulbs around, but they are definately some of the brightest. They are good bulbs to use if you have colored lenses. For example, some 'hyper white' fog lights, instead of having colored bulbs, they have a bule lens with a crappy ass cheap bulb. The silver star would be a smart choice to swap out in these applications because not only will they now be brighter, but the whiteness of the Silverstar is also now being double tinted by the blue lens, and you could only imagine the color you're now getting from your fogs.

As for headlights, Serstylz2 can tell you what I swear by...

[/img]

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

the best bulbs i ever seen on an 8g is by some small brand called blue zone. SkylineG1 has them and they look better than any PIAAs and silverstars. im trying to find a store that carries them myself but no luck.

Goosey2099 got me on these XD5, I got them from a seller on EBAY that has his own store
    here they are in my JDM headlights, the 1st pic is low beams. And the 2nd pic is my highs and lows together

Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

silverstars get my vote. see sig for pic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>Goosey2099 got me on these XD5, I got them from a seller on EBAY that has his own store
    here they are in my JDM headlights, the 1st pic is low beams. And the 2nd pic is my highs and lows together

</div>

Do these lights give off a pure white light? Try to find out who the seller was.

Back from the dead!!!

I've seen Jay's lights, and they're pretty convincing. They're a very nice tint of hyper white with a subtle blue hue. They're pretty bright and I honestly thought they were really HID's until he said they weren't.

I'm currently on the search for new high beam bulbs for my car. I'm looking for something that has a SERIOUS blue tint. Light output isn't too important. I want them to be outrageously blue. Any suggestions?

the other downside to going to HID is the loss of High beam capability.

Untrue. There are high beam configurations with many HID kits. If I'm not mistaken, that's what bi-xenon means. 'Bi', meaning two, means two xenon configs, low and high.

I could be wrong, though.

Yeah i read that the "BiXenon" HID kits are the High and low beams together in one kit. But a regular kit only has the low beams. i was wondering what would happen if i sautered off the glare shield on my HID kit, would the light shine further? Also, where do you get the JDM headlamps and (or) the tint for them?

If you take away the glare shield, you're going to constant get flashed by other drivers because you will be blinding them. Sure, things will look great behind your wheel, but for other drivers, passing you will be a nightmare.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shortdogg2k05)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>Goosey2099 got me on these XD5, I got them from a seller on EBAY that has his own store

</div>

Do these lights give off a pure white light? Try to find out who the seller was.</div>

yes it's white with a bluish hint to them, and like Chris said they definitely have the effect of hid's
    I dont remember the exact seller, I do know that they came from Georgia, I did a search on EBAY and came up with these listings and a few of the sellers are located in Georgia
    actually I will look and see I think I still have the box they were shipped in and I will see if there is a company name tomorrow when I am home from work
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by NiTrOuSoXiDe
    If you take away the glare shield, you're going to constant get flashed by other drivers because you will be blinding them. Sure, things will look great behind your wheel, but for other drivers, passing you will be a nightmare.
    to add to what he's saying

the thing about HID's in the stock galant head light , is that they are not designed to house hid light , the cut off is not correct, the light is every where ( if you get out of the car and look @ the road, a wall that your parked next to or park in front of the wall see where all the light is going)
    i think to get the full effect of having Hid light you need to switch to projectors talk to some of the members who have made the switch to the projector/hid setup,vs Hid in stock galant headlight , pictures have been posted befor of the projector/hid setup , you will see the light cutoff at a point where its not in the rear view mirror of a car thats driving in front of you, there is a reason why all the cars u see on the street that come from the factory with Hid 's have that distinctive cut off that your use to seeing
    its because the hid light IS 2 - 3 times brighter than the holigan bulb by design and needs to be handled in a certain way as to not blind people.
    the police will give you a ticket if they see that your headlamps are aimed incorrectly , atleast in my state ,

i hate when some guy in a riced out civic is behind me and i can tell he has HId's in his normal heallight housing , because thats ALL i can see in all three of my mirrors lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12