The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: making custom grill

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

making custom grill

for all you guys with the cyber type 2 bumper, how did you go about making your grill? I tried making one, but there is nothing that it can be secured to. also, i didn't know how i would incorporate the trunk release latch into it. i noticed that some of you guys also were able to put mitsubishi emblems inside your grills, where did you get those? any help would be greatly appreciated. pics would be even better!

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.

Re: making custom grill

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2kgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>for all you guys with the cyber type 2 bumper, how did you go about making your grill? Â*I tried making one, but there is nothing that it can be secured to. Â*also, i didn't know how i would incorporate the trunk release latch into it. Â*i noticed that some of you guys also were able to put mitsubishi emblems inside your grills, where did you get those? Â*any help would be greatly appreciated. Â*pics would be even better! </div>

I dont have a cyber2 kit, but I have a custom grille. at the ends or edges, i just put a 90-ish degree angle on it that would be hidden behind the car and secured it that way. and as for the emblems, those you can probably get from ebay and they are also at your local dealership. but probably very expensive.

now the trunk release issue. I have no idea WTF you mean by that.

...U N D E A D...

my bad...i meant the hood release

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2kgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>my bad...i meant the hood release </div>

that still makes no sense. I dont know why you are trying to "incorporate" the hood release into anything. Is yours all loose and visible from the front of the car or something? It should be able to hide behind the main section of the front bumper just like stock. If not, zipties work well for little stuff like that. Maybe even paint it black to hide it better.

...U N D E A D...

Re: making custom grill

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TITAN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2kgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>for all you guys with the cyber type 2 bumper, how did you go about making your grill? Â*I tried making one, but there is nothing that it can be secured to. Â*also, i didn't know how i would incorporate the trunk release latch into it. Â*i noticed that some of you guys also were able to put mitsubishi emblems inside your grills, where did you get those? Â*any help would be greatly appreciated. Â*pics would be even better! </div>

I dont have a cyber2 kit, but I have a custom grille. at the ends or edges, i just put a 90-ish degree angle on it that would be hidden behind the car and secured it that way. and as for the emblems, those you can probably get from ebay and they are also at your local dealership. but probably very expensive.

now the trunk release issue. I have no idea WTF you mean by that.</div>

Do you have any close ups of the grill?

Back from the dead!!!

actually, i finished my grill today. I try to post some pics. Thanks.

bark519

Galant Chrome Lettering

where di u get that galant chrome lettering

evowhere?
    I have a cyber 2 and custom grill. The body shop took both of the 03 Grill inserts and Flipped them upside down and created a Custom Fiberglass bridge joining the two pieces.

http://images.snapfish.com/34667%3B352%7Ff...B8%3C9736nu0mrj

TGC Regular
    damn, nice idea!

...U N D E A D...